ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

IOS 8

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
f**king updates are just chewing into my useable space which is already as thin as thin gets!

f**king 16gb is no longer enough to have a properly functioning iphone

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
f**king updates are just chewing into my useable space which is already as thin as thin gets!

f**king 16gb is no longer enough to have a properly functioning iphone

Try having an 8GB one lol, nice to see apple care for ALL of their customers ;).

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
how much does ios8 take up these days? 3-4gb?

Not much tbf, 958MB is what it is atm I think, but for me as I don't have a computer I'd ideally do it just from the phone but it asks for 4.7GB of storage space to do it that way.

Was discussed earlier on in the thread, there's good reason but I'll still moan about it because I want to :wink:.

Reactions: Rob

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
SMS text messages are now working perfectly on my MacBook Pro and iPad Mini.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Not much tbf, 958MB is what it is atm I think, but for me as I don't have a computer I'd ideally do it just from the phone but it asks for 4.7GB of storage space to do it that way.

Was discussed earlier on in the thread, there's good reason but I'll still moan about it because I want to :wink:.

12.7gb left on my 16gb phone...

M135i
Is there anyway round using up your home broadband to update as the update requires wifi but we only have 20gb a month so if me, the gf and the iPad all update, that's almost all our data usage gone ? We don't have a pc or laptop either.

Ph2 172
You'll be sat for quite some time in McD's!! The download isn't as big as the amount of space that you need to leave - if that makes sense. It needs that amount of space to "do" the installation, but it won't use that much of your home BB.

Not updated to 8.1 yet, but tbh I have basically no issues on my ipad air, or iphone 5S with iOS 8.0

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
SMS text messages are now working perfectly on my MacBook Pro and iPad Mini.

Ben, has it sycnd all of your SMS messages in iMessage on your MBP or only the ones you've recieved since turning on message share?

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
Ben, has it sycnd all of your SMS messages in iMessage on your MBP or only the ones you've recieved since turning on message share?

Only the ones I've received since turning it on which is a little annoying but at least it forwards every message now. Even the ones I send from my iPad. Has yours done the same?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It is only instant if you add it to your networks and then prioritise it. Then your devices will use it over other networks automatically if they are unavailable.

IMG_0196.JPG
@Ben- Yeah that's how mine is functioning (now) but I thought it would at least pull the contents of my current SMS on the iPhone in to iMessage on my MBP. Thank for confirming I don't have an issue though.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
But that isn't instant hotspot as its done via iCloud. That's just saving a network password?
:confounded: Whatever the password is on personal hotspot on your phone is, enter that. it will then link and you can switch it on/ off from your mac. Easy enough isn't it? Works for me anyway.:cool:

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'd do a restore then as I had the issue and it's now not an issue after the first update.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I keep having an issue with safari, where the address bar disappears under the time etc status bar at the top of the screen.

I think iOS 8 has haunted my iPhone. Siri keeps activating on its own and just says 'hello?'. Freaks you out a bit when it wakes you up in the middle of the night. Not so much the third time.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I think iOS 8 has haunted my iPhone. Siri keeps activating on its own and just says 'hello?'. Freaks you out a bit when it wakes you up in the middle of the night. Not so much the third time.

I've just had my 5S swapped because of Siri / voice control activating itself.

It was driving me absolutely mental.