ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iOS5 Question

how do we wirelessly sync?

First you need to set up in iTunes. Connect iPhone with Mac (or PC ugghhh dirty word) and iTunes and then tick the "Sync Wirelessly option", from then on your iPhone will Sync wirelessly whenever connected to the same WiFi network AND when your iPhone is charging / plugged in to mains.

BurnyC

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 197
iMessages are coming through fine on my iPhone, but they're not showing up on my iPad? Even though the contacts show up as being iMessage enabled if I want to send them a message from my iPad? Thought the idea was that the conversations showed up on all iOS5 devices? iMessages is turned on in iPad settings too...what am I missing!?

Citroen DS3 DSport
mine syncs when not plugged into to the mains, assume this is normal as it says "when plugged into power"

I think when plugged into the mains it will automatically sync but you can manually start the sync when not plugged in.

fiesta 1.25
973f1ba2.jpg

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Has anyone got location reminders to work? I've tried three times and it hasn't worked once.

Focus ST-3
Has anyone got location reminders to work? I've tried three times and it hasn't worked once.

I was reading about this, will give it a go and find out.

One feature that is saving me a lot of hassle is the shortcut's. I have got an annoyingly long email address so I can set @@@ to convert straight to my email which is handy!

Mini Cooper S
My iPhone is plugged in and I think it's just about finished with iOS 4, however it still says on itunes "restoring iphone apps". There aren't any syncing logos on the iPhone. Shall I unplug it?

Focus ST-3
My iPhone is plugged in and I think it's just about finished with iOS 4, however it still says on itunes "restoring iphone apps". There aren't any syncing logos on the iPhone. Shall I unplug it?

Near the signal bars on your phone is there a swirling arrow? if so I think that means it is backing up/syncing something. Not 100% sure though

Suzuki Jimny
Urgh I haz question....

I've got 40mb free space on my hard-drive so it won't let me back up my phone. How do I change it so it backs up on my 500gb other hard-drive?

anyone else find the notification centre useless as at most you use it to look at the weather, the only other time i would use it is when i get a message during a game but other wise i just unlock the phone and my messages just pop up if you know what i mean, it should have apps that give you information like live football scores and f1 lap times, maybe twitter and facebook feeds, like widgets instead of stocks i mean realistically how may iphone owners use stocks ?

BMW E46 330i Touring
Its a new feature, more and more apps will start to use it I imagine as it becomes more developed.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
iMessages are coming through fine on my iPhone, but they're not showing up on my iPad? Even though the contacts show up as being iMessage enabled if I want to send them a message from my iPad? Thought the idea was that the conversations showed up on all iOS5 devices? iMessages is turned on in iPad settings too...what am I missing!?

Your iPad will only receive messages directed to an email. If you message the number directly it will only show up on an iPhone. Message the email and all devices with that email get the message.

Inferno 182 CUP
I have to iPhones atm.

My 4S and my 4.

Both have iMessage turned on with the same email added to both ..

How come when somebody iMessages me the message doesn't go to both devices?

Mondeo ST220
It's because you have a passcode and are using the camera from the lock screen. It's to stop anyone viewing all your filthy pics.

Well yeah.

This is from the photo gallery within the camera app - not lockscreen. And I haven't got a passcode on my iPhone. Living on the edge is what I do.

odd.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
On my iPad on twitter. It says using iPhone after the comment. But I haven't got an iPhone lol. Is this normal?

dk

911 GTS Cab
anyone else find the notification centre useless as at most you use it to look at the weather, the only other time i would use it is when i get a message during a game but other wise i just unlock the phone and my messages just pop up if you know what i mean, it should have apps that give you information like live football scores and f1 lap times, maybe twitter and facebook feeds, like widgets instead of stocks i mean realistically how may iphone owners use stocks ?

it does.....

you can add apps to it in the notifications section in iPhone settings, I've added email, twitter and Facebook to mine.

incidently, my iPhone 4 is noticeably slower since upgrading to 5, even accessing the settings menu takes 3-4 seconds to come up.

R26r R26
it does.....

you can add apps to it in the notifications section in iPhone settings, I've added email, twitter and Facebook to mine.

incidently, my iPhone 4 is noticeably slower since upgrading to 5, even accessing the settings menu takes 3-4 seconds to come up.

I beg your pardon. Are you telling me you are not rolling with the 4S.;)

dk

911 GTS Cab
I beg your pardon. Are you telling me you are not rolling with the 4S.;)

i only paid £600+ for a 4 five months ago as i couldn't wait for the 4s/5 to come out. it owes me a few more months yet, so unless the slowness gets to me with the 4 i'll hold off for now, the only thing I'm interested in is siri, and i'm still dubious as to how good/useful it is after the gimmick period.

plus i only bought a new camera last week, so i'm going to wait to upgrade, i'm on simplicity and don't really want an 18 month contract so i'll be buying outright when i do, 64gb probably.

if the phone was a new shell, i probably would have upgraded tbh, i know nearly every component is upgraded, i just haven't go excited about it yet. i only got a 4 a year after launch. it is very unlike me, guess i'll do it when I'm ready. oh and I've just spent a s**t load of money on shares today, so i'm a bit brassic until i get the dividend ;) shares will pay off my mortgage, iPhone won't......... priorities!

Clio 197
I left this downloading overnight as it was projecting 5 hours, come to my laptop this morning to find it has restarted to install some windows updates. I plug my iPhone in and nothing....it just asks if I want to download iOS 5

Is there a way of retrieving this download? Or do I have to download again ?!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I have to iPhones atm.

My 4S and my 4.

Both have iMessage turned on with the same email added to both ..

How come when somebody iMessages me the message doesn't go to both devices?

Think about it, moron.