ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad 2018

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Just bought a new (pauper spec) iPad to replace my air 2 after it gave up working yesterday, and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement, astetheticly speaking it feels like I've gone back to an original iPad, it's thicker and heavier than the air 2, has no ar coating, and has a gap between the screen and the glass, which not only looks s**t but also has a horrible hollow sound when you tap the screen. I feel like taking it back for a refund and getting a used air 2 instead :(

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Dude it’s £320? You can’t expect the same quality as the more expensive pro models etc...

It’s actually a decent iPad that performs really well.

Rich..

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf
Dude it’s £320? You can’t expect the same quality as the more expensive pro models etc...

It’s actually a decent iPad that performs really well.
I'm not, I'm comparing it to my 2 year old air 2, I guess it was a bit cheaper than the air 2 but I don't get why they didn't just improve the performance of the old one and keep the screen etc, I'd rather have paid an extra £100 for an updated air 2. I couldn't afford the extra £300 for the pro.

133T
Been pondering on an iPad for weeks.

Figured I’d hold out to see if Apple released new pros so the 10.5 would come down in price.

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
The current iPad is very much the entry level model, it’s quick but where they saved the money is the display. Partially that’s for the education market - the screen is much cheaper to replace when it inevitably gets cracked.

I went for a refurb 10.5” pro. Apple refurbs are a good way to save a bit of cash on their kit because they are always mint and have the same warranty as the new stuff.

Just bought a new (pauper spec) iPad to replace my air 2 after it gave up working yesterday, and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement, astetheticly speaking it feels like I've gone back to an original iPad, it's thicker and heavier than the air 2, has no ar coating, and has a gap between the screen and the glass, which not only looks s**t but also has a horrible hollow sound when you tap the screen. I feel like taking it back for a refund and getting a used air 2 instead :(

I bought a apple refurb Air 2 with cellular - couldnt tell at all that it was a refurb!