ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipad asking for 6 digit passcode instead of 4

I've had the work's ipad sitting doing nothing over lockdown. It had a 4 digit passcode set up on it to unlock it. But I've just turned it on and it's asking for a 6 digit code. WTF? :LOL:

No I haven't been in to work yet. It doesn't make sense because I've switched it off and on a few times since being stuck at home and it only asked for the 4 digit code until now. Do apple normally have 2 different codes?

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
I’ve had times when I’ve been logging into iCloud and it’s asked me for the passwords of my Mac and iPad to sign in on my phone. Does it definitely want your iPad password and not an associated iPhone password?

It just says ipad requires your passcode after restarting. I think my boss set it up on his apple account so maybe it wants his account code? Doesn't make sense to me

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I’m sure one of the “locked” features (stolen mode etc) options is to require a 6 digit for some reason or another.

Daz...

ClioSport Club Member
  Inferno 182 Cup
All newer iPads have 6 digit codes, it’s only the ones on older versions of iOS that need 4.

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Doubt that’s on the cards! Someone at work/Apple will be able to get in surely?

Dom_capper

ClioSport Club Member
  2012 Renault Clio
Apple support is very good. But if it’s owned by work you will probably have to go through them

Clio 197
Tried entering 000000/123456?

Found from elsewhere: "It should say passcode options just below the 6 spaces for your code. Tap the options and change it to 4".

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Tried entering 000000/123456?

Found from elsewhere: "It should say passcode options just below the 6 spaces for your code. Tap the options and change it to 4".
Im sure the “passcode options” link where you can change between 4/6/alphanumerical is in the settings when you go to set a passcode, not when you’re locked out.

@Pistachio - sorry, not overly sure what else would trigger it. I’m only aware of remote locking causing it to have 6 on occasion

Ben

ClioSport Club Member
You’ll not be able to wipe it without the code. Just ask your boss what the code is? If it was 4 and now 6 someone has changed it.

Clio 197
Im sure the “passcode options” link where you can change between 4/6/alphanumerical is in the settings when you go to set a passcode, not when you’re locked out.

@Pistachio - sorry, not overly sure what else would trigger it. I’m only aware of remote locking causing it to have 6 on occasion
That's what I thought too but the post suggested otherwise.

You can still restore it without the passcode by putting it in recovery mode and connecting to iTunes iirc.