ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPad Deals ?

looking for a new iPad for the other halfs birthday

wanting a 2017 9.7" space grey 128gb version, just wondering if anyone has stumbled across any deals for them, as i find it really hard to part with the cash when they are price fixed to death, not one is really giving any incentives,

not fussed if its money off, a free set of decent head phones or iTunes vouchers ect just something as im sure there is plenty of profit margin in them for someone to be offering something

any help much appriciated

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Can you wait until after the 12th? They're doing the new releases and I'll be shocked if there's not a new iPad. Which will knock old model prices down.

Also, get the big one. I find it weird using the regular sized ones now

Can you wait until after the 12th? They're doing the new releases and I'll be shocked if there's not a new iPad. Which will knock old model prices down.

Also, get the big one. I find it weird using the regular sized ones now

Yeah I'm probably going to wait, but after reading a few buyers guides it's looking unlikely there will be a refresh for the standard iPad

And as for screen size I'm stuck with the 9.7" as I simply refuse to pay for the pro as it is way over priced for what it is and I will never need the processing power barring overlay Harry's LapTimer videos in HD, but the price isn't justifiable, also need 64gb so it doesn't make sense

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Other than being able to get a larger capacity is it worth getting an iPad Pro over a normal iPad considering how much more money they are?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Other than being able to get a larger capacity is it worth getting an iPad Pro over a normal iPad considering how much more money they are?

The large one. Yes. The regular size one, couldnt tell you.

I can’t go back to regular size ones after having the big pro.

It’s a shame now as I’ll probably have to spend a grand when I come to replace it :(

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
The large one. Yes. The regular size one, couldnt tell you.

I can’t go back to regular size ones after having the big pro.

It’s a shame now as I’ll probably have to spend a grand when I come to replace it 😧
So you'd say so purely to have the larger screen. My daughter is thinking of getting one for university.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
So you'd say so purely to have the larger screen. My daughter is thinking of getting one for university.

Oh, if it’s for uni it’s a no brainier.

I used my regular side iPad for college, and even with a keyboard it was awkward.

The sheer size of the big pro, multi tasking capability and keyboard options made it so much nicer to use for education. I did all of my work on mine

2004 Racing Blue 182
I love my iPad pro. I use it to edit photos, using lightroom/affinity photo etc. with the apple pencil, i use it for everyday stuff also, it has forced my 2016 macbook pro to take a back seat! The only time the MacBook gets used now is if my wife takes it to uni with her, or if the iPad is on charge! even then I find myself reaching for my phone!

I genuinely think if i'd bought the iPad pro before the MacBook, i wouldn't have bought the MacBook. it's that good.

I opted for the 10.5" pro. It fits nicely in my camera bag, whereas the bigger one wouldn't.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Oh, if it’s for uni it’s a no brainier.

I used my regular side iPad for college, and even with a keyboard it was awkward.

The sheer size of the big pro, multi tasking capability and keyboard options made it so much nicer to use for education. I did all of my work on mine
That's not the answer I wanted, I was trying to fob her off with a £500 laptop.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Lmao. Sorry.

Don’t show her this.

Can you give her the £500 and she fund the rest of the iPad? Or is that not viable?
I'll contribute but she has her own money and savings plus we have a relative coming over from Canada soon, so they could probably bring one which would make it cheaper.