ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone £100 price drop?

Citroen DS3 DSport
Several websites and forums are predicting a £100 price drop in the UK for the 8gb iPhone starting tomorrow at CPW and o2.

£169 for a new iPhone would be excellent value but would kill the secondhand prices if a 3G version does appear in June.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
The £169 price will possibly be binded to a contract at POS.

Thats how they have been doing it in germany.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I hope so or I'll struggle to sell my iPhone.

Apple conference in June, possible 3G iPhone released around then too.

Firmware v2.0 is due for release before the end of June and is rumoured to include many updates that will add lots of new functionality.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^ Indeed, I quite fancy one as I don't have an iPod and don't need GPS on a phone anymore.

But then not sure I can live without 3G...

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
You don't have to sign up to a contract apparently, however you're probably better off taking an iPhone contract unless you plan on JailBreakin the phone as it uses EDGE and GPRS which if you haven't got a data package would rocket up your monthly bills.

If you are taking out a contract take one out through quidco.com and get £100 cash back.

I think I'll hold out for the iPhone2, as every update they've done on the iPods are awesome, so I can't see them mucking up the release of the iPhone2. Hopefully it'll be a tad smaller :D

Revels Mum & Sister
If thats true and you dont need to accept a contract at POS like the Gunn said then is a good deal if you allready have a contract.

But the gunn has been wrong a few times recently ;)

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Aren't they bringing a new one out thou?

Chris- Are you saying I can buy an iPhone, put my orange sim card in it & it'll work. Everything?

The £169 price will possibly be binded to a contract at POS.

Thats how they have been doing it in germany.

Looks like that might be the case tbh.

Apple are sticking with £269 - They dont do contracts

o2 & CPW are doing it for £169 - They do contracts

:dapprove:

Revels Mum & Sister
To be honest I dont see what they would change to doing seeing as it has allways been geared up another way. Wait and see dude

Mr2 Roadster
If they wanted you to sign up to a contract they would have started that when it was first proven you could Jailbreak them.

As you say, wait and see!

Revels Mum & Sister
LOL sounds like a perfect day

All you need now is me doing the Jackass part boy dance on your toy shop butter

Citroen DS3 DSport
I recall reading that in Germany they always signed you up for a contract in store even before the price drop so we can't read much into that. We'll know for sure tomorrow anyway.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Agreed.

But then they'll be rumours of the next version with a better camera, then one with X and Y.... Meh

Might as well just buy it if you want it. lol

Citroen DS3 DSport
The 3G version will definitely appear this year but I'd imagine the price will return to £269 or above.

Sunshine Bus ph-quick
Agreed.

But then they'll be rumours of the next version with a better camera, then one with X and Y.... Meh

Might as well just buy it if you want it. lol

But the EDGE version internet is slow..?

3G is out later this year..
May as well wait it out for decent net speeds.

Der Panzer
It's interesting that they aren't passing the reduction on to the 16Gb model.

Would indicate that they're going to drop the 8Gb model altogether.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah possibly for a 16gb and 32gb 3G iPhone :)

Firmware v2.0 will also provide lots of new apps inc mms :)

Rav4
f*****s, might sell mine to loose little money and hold up until the new one.!!!!

£169 is a bargain !!

Add me 2 ur PS3 - Lylak
New iPhone details to be released on 1st June, conviniently when this offer ends.

Not that I expect any iPhones to be left at POS by 1st June..

Citroen DS3 DSport
Where did you get a June 1st announcement date from? I cannot see that been accurate as it is a Sunday. More importantly I think any announcement will be made at the Apple conference June 9th-13th.

I saw the ad in the paper the other day. In the small print it said that if you paid the full whack within 30 days of the price reduction, they will give you £100 credit.
I don't know if you have to ask for it etc, just thought i'd mention it.

Citroen DS3 DSport
iPhone 8gb sold out on o2 website, limited stock on CPW

Please note: 8GB iPhone is no longer available.

coolspot007007

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon Cupra
Spoke to guy in 02 store today, they could not get a date for more stock so they don't expect any more in, once they're gone that'll most likely be it for the stores that do have them.