ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone 2.1 firmware available!

Ford Kuga Phev
Hey guys, 2.1 firmware is now available for the Iphone via itunes!

seems better, no lag on txts at the mo!

Downloading.

The release notes seem to fix everything I have a problem with.. slow contacts is ANNOYING sooooooo that's a welcome change.

Hmm, thankfully I use exchange.. it resynced all of my mail from scratch etc, dunno about contacts, maybe it resynced them too?! Heh.

Not sure what the update did, but it wiped my e-mails out until it synced.

SLK 350
Happens to all O2 UK customers Daz.

I updated mine at about 2pm, and tbh I've noticed f.a difference with exception to slightly quicker operation of the phone generally. That aside there's nothing really by way of new functionality, and certainly no sniff of turn-by-turn.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Decent changes, i like the fact it fixed my dead 2g iphone.

i also like the sms reminders.

FFS, it's more annoying now.

Ok, contacts are quick.. but EVERY call I make and then hang up, it comes up straight after Call Ended as "Call Failed - Retry?" :(

Citroen DS3 DSport
Downloaded and installed no problems. I like the new details available within the Songs list and the Genius button for playlists is great. Contacts are definitely running faster now and so far I'm happy with the bug fixes.

Ok, so it's not every call.

Grr. :(

Let me just enjoy the fast contacts and new 3G icon, haha.

Tesla MP3 2021
Seems to have fixed all of the bugs etc but when the hell are we going to see some new features i.e copy & paste, txt forwarding etc.....

Tesla MP3 2021
There is now a MMS app in the app store. Its called Flutter. Searching for it doesn't work so just go to categories and Social Networking and its at the top.

Just updated now.. Texting is soooooooooo much quicker.. feels like i stuck in a new processor. haha... wonder how long this will last though.

Yep.. New Edge logos too. not seen the 3G one yet as im not in a 3G area.

Will have to check out the sms software..l. thanks for the heads up..

Citroen DS3 DSport
Can't see this on my iPhone either.

EDIT

Found it via iTunes, hope it works in the UK as it is a US app.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Its killed my mobile me account and broken my email.

FAIL.

(the update, not that flutter thing, which refuses to send me an sms)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Gone back to 2.02 on the 2g

3g is working great on 2.1, much better.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
noticed the 'update all' has now gone from the appstore updates list.

Not a bad thing as it did slow the phone down when there were a fair few.

Worst update ever.

Seriously.

I get Call Failed now, which it was supposed to fix?!?

Earlier, I had full signal but couldn't hear anything.. if it flicked between Edge and GPRS, it disconnected.. so I made a call, nothing, then call failed.

Grrr.. never had it like that before.. and apparently it was like this for people on 2.0??!?!? 2.1 has fixed it.. yea, right. :(

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
Worst update ever.

Seriously.

Earlier, I had full signal but couldn't hear anything.. if it flicked between Edge and GPRS, it disconnected.. so I made a call, nothing, then call failed.

Grrr.. never had it like that before.. and apparently it was like this for people on 2.0??!?!? 2.1 has fixed it.. yea, right. :(

i had a few dropped calls yesterday when it felt like it... 2.1 was supposed to allow push for apps, a gps update and a few other things... i really cant see how its that hard for apple to make the firmware for that... 2.1 was supposed to be a BIG update... just like 2.0 was the apstore... this is more like 2.03 than 2.1... the fix of improved batt life is bs too... if anything mine is worse!!!

im really starting to think my iphone is fuxed up... and i need it replaced... i swear the screen sens is fuxed up i can type something and it does its own thing and the space bar dont allways work... gonna give o2 and ding a ling i think.

Worst update ever.

Seriously.

i had a few dropped calls yesterday when it felt like it... 2.1 was supposed to allow push for apps, a gps update and a few other things... i really cant see how its that hard for apple to make the firmware for that... 2.1 was supposed to be a BIG update... just like 2.0 was the apstore... this is more like 2.03 than 2.1... the fix of improved batt life is bs too... if anything mine is worse!!!

im really starting to think my iphone is fuxed up... and i need it replaced... i swear the screen sens is fuxed up i can type something and it does its own thing and the space bar dont allways work... gonna give o2 and ding a ling i think.

Defo 100% 2.0.3. 2.1 needed new features, this is nonsense.

It's worse. Roll on 2.1.1 :p

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
So many geeks in here....

Updated mine, not noticed a difference but it isnt my primary phone as my number transfer hasnt gone through yet so i suppose i wouldnt notice a difference!

I notice subtle things.. like it flicking from EDGE to GPRS and dumping my call.

Stupid.

Ahwell, could be worse, I could be sending my 7th k850i back for repair like most on here. :rasp:

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I notice subtle things.. like it flicking from EDGE to GPRS and dumping my call.

Stupid.

Ahwell, could be worse, I could be sending my 7th k850i back for repair like most on here. :rasp:

I have no idea what that means....:D

I have noticed a lot better battery life, but I have turned off bluetooth and the map thing so not sure if they have made much difference to be honest.

Maybe it is too much/lack of p**n that you have on it?!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
2.1 deffo has a HUGE mail bug

Gmail Imap + Mobile Me = Fail.
Several people have it, basically i have no email at all.

The only way to solve it is to not use gmail, which sucks.
Going back to 2.02

Ive had no email or safari for a week or so :(

but mines just broken and randomly freezes :(

I need to upgrade and then jailbreak it again but I want it to be simple :eek:

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Just use the pwnage tool, its easy.

Or i could build you an IPSW and send a cd with it on.