ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 data usage

Lee

BMW M2C
Has anyone else noticed how much more data the 4 seems to receive over the previous models? In 16 months my 3G received 3.5gb in total iirc. My 4 has already done 60mb in one day, and it's not like I've done anything different on it.

I did notice the amazing image quality in google maps, so they must have contributed to it a little seeing as half the office wanted to see it in action.

It's worth keeping an eye on for those of you who have been forced on to a tariff without unlimited data. You could easily clear your 500mb allowance.

330Ci (Fail)Sport
I've always thought of the allowances as a bit of a gimmick IMO, especially on the new contracts for the 4 to get people to spend extra. It will be interesting to see if there's a difference on the 4 compared to older models.

I downloaded a lot of videos on my 3GS and still only managed just over 500mb one month.

Maybe things are downloading quicker? So same time spent using it is resulting in more downloading maybe?

As above, but I have been using it on wifi quite a bit so will have to log on later and check my data usage.

Then why is it saying iv recieved 7.3gb since
It was activated at like 4 o'clock last night :/ also says my call time is 6 days WTF :s

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I was just going to mock you about that. A backup contains this info.

7.3gb in a day would be hardcore. I think dk only uses 6gb a day, and he w*nks a lot.

7.3gb in a day would be hardcore. I think dk only uses 6gb a day, and he w*nks a lot.

Hahah :eek: I'm just trying to remember how far back that would
Go as iv lost an iphone and never back it up for a while, think that's about 10 months worth lol and I use it everyday .

Lee

BMW M2C

I was surprised how the back-up even included your stats! I cleared mine as soon as it was up and running.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Yeah, same here mate. I checked the stats and almost rang O2... then it clicked. :p

Cleared them and away I went.

LY 182
I racked up 12.3 mb yesterday. Totally ballin'. Was using Wifi at home too though. Glad I've got 1GB monthly allowance with Vodafone rather than 500mb with 02.

Gives me ~30mb a day or so.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've just been having a quick play again, and racing my bosses 3GS in the speed test app!! The 4G is f**king ninja fast.

Data usage is up to 113mb. I'm really glad mine is unlimited still.

Mini Cooper S
I've just been having a quick play again, and racing my bosses 3GS in the speed test app!! The 4G is f**king ninja fast.

Data usage is up to 113mb. I'm really glad mine is unlimited still.

Lee, how is yours unlimted?

BMW 330ci Clubsport
He probably kept his current tariff and brought the phone new

Is Opera out for the iPhone now? If so I'd recommend that if your browser is stacking up the megs quite quickly

Citroen DS3 DSport
Speedtest results are good

7001431d.jpg

Lee

BMW M2C
Lee, how is yours unlimted?

Business customers can upgrade the handset mid term. I was mid term in February so held out until now. The 32gb cost me £179, which is pretty much what my old 16gb 3G is worth. Bargain.

They did ask if I wanted to move on to one of the new tarrifs, I said 'no thanks' LOL.

I'd have had to pay a lot more and got a lot less.

Opera has been out for a few months for the iPhone.

Speed test results for mine in Birmingham in the office. Not using WiFi!!

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
That uploads bloody impressive, better than the average home BB connection lol

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
You are right, my results for 20mb VM posted above were worse :D

Lol I left VM for sky last year settling for a slower connection

You can't fault the connection speed of 3G for general browsing but a faster upload than download is odd lol

I too am a bit worried about this. 40mb since Thursday. Doesn't sound a lot, but I've only really looked a websites and one YouTube video.

Golf GTD
I'm still with my poverty spec 3GS but my download speeds are better than the phones in this thread, on 3G 1mb is my lowest with constant 1.2mbs.

Upload isn't as anywhere near as good though with 0.34mb being my best!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Be aware that the backup carries over the data usage stats to the 4.

Lee

BMW M2C
Just checked, I'm now up to 200mb since Friday. I can see o2 making a lot of money from people data useage on the 4. lol Most of you are going to fly through 500mb just surfing CS while taking a dump at work.

E87 118d M Sport
Anyone on the new O2 tariff's doesn't get 500Mb limit until October, AFAIK.
Then they kick the cap in and you get the option to pay for more.

I've been using WiFi a lot over the weekend, so my 3G useage isn't being hammered.

I tend to use WiFi 70% of the time (work/home) and 3G while out and about. I can't see me hitting the 500mb limit (when it kicks in)

Speed wise, 3G is around 2mb, and WiFi is around 6mb.

th_9cde4231.gif
th_bca64396.gif