ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone 4 has died, not sure what to do?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
good evening

i have had my iphone 4 since august 2010. it has been a brilliant phone and never let me down, well, that is until today.

for some random reason my iphone has turned its self off in my pocket and no matter what i do it will not turn back on. i think it has died.

has anyone else had this problem?

is it a common fault?

CBR1000RR Fireblade
done a master reset, no joy. it had 3/4 battery the last time i looked this afternoon

Monaro VXR
Mine did that not too long ago, put it back on charge and it came back on after 10 - 15 minutes. Then sat there with a battery reporting nearly full.

my old 3G had a habit of doing this towards the end of its decrepit life - not that I'm saying theres necessarily anything wrong with yours. Try this;

Plug it into the mains charger, and hold down the power button for about 10-15 seconds until the apple logo appears.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Did you leave it in the sun?? May have overheated and turned off

it was in my pocket, still no joy

my old 3G had a habit of doing this towards the end of its decrepit life - not that I'm saying theres necessarily anything wrong with yours. Try this;

Plug it into the mains charger, and hold down the power button for about 10-15 seconds until the apple logo appears.

i have tried plugging it in to both the mains and the laptop with no joy

E46 320D Tourer!
The heat recently killed mine when I was in the states. Would turn on but needed a restore. Booked an appointment at my local apple genius bar, and they confirmed it was a hardware fault due to the heat. This was a 3GS outside of warranty. So for a fee of £139 they replaced it.

Needed the phone so had no choice!

CBR1000RR Fireblade
It's alive.

I have tried this morning holding the home button and the button on the top of phone whilst it's plugged in to laptop and finally after hours of oissin about last night it's decided to turn itself on.

I don't know what's gone on with it, it's got nothing on it like it has been restored to factory setting and it needs restoring but it's now working. Happy days