ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 music app?

MY10 R35 GTR
Basically my HTC desire is on it last chance, since about Jan its not been workin correct, camera not working, flash, and now it doesnt accept a full charge and freezes. Going to chat to O2 and see what they say, but seriously considering the iphone route.

My question is, I dont own a ipod etc mainly because I dont have or want to use itunes. Do I need to have itunes to upload or even play music on the iphone or is there a seperate app I can buy to play my music through??

Monaro VXR
Basically everything is handled for the iPhone through itunes. Books, apps, films, music etc.

I hated it at first as well, but after a short while it's not that bad to be honest. Really quick and simple to alter anything as it's all in 1 place and it also handles the updates.

Cupra
You don't need iTunes to play music on the iPhone.
You can put music onto the phone using sharepod, mediamonkey or various other applications. The phone plays the music using the iPod application on the phone.

That said, I find it easier to use iTunes to manage the music on the phone than any third party software. You don't have to buy your music through iTunes to have your tracks in it either if that is a concern?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
You will need iTunes at some point.

There's nothing wrong with it really, people just never bother to learn how to use it.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Seems pretty simple to me, although I need to learn how to put certain pictures on to my phone through itunes without removing the previous ones.

MY10 R35 GTR
You don't need iTunes to play music on the iPhone.
You can put music onto the phone using sharepod, mediamonkey or various other applications. The phone plays the music using the iPod application on the phone.

That said, I find it easier to use iTunes to manage the music on the phone than any third party software. You don't have to buy your music through iTunes to have your tracks in it either if that is a concern?

yeh trhats pretty much it. Got all my music folder etc set up how I want and can find stuff easily, just dont want Itunes to decide it want it all setup differently.

I have the music setup a certain way on my laptop because I run a NAS drive in the flat aswell with wireless music stations in different rooms. Taken me a while to set up.

Monaro VXR
iTunes doesn't have to organise it. Just make sure that option is turned off then add the folder, job done.

DB.

BMW 440i
iTunes is ridiculously easy/simple and easy to use.

I don't understand people who struggle with it or don't like it!

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Because it spilts your music up. I.e an album turns into 10 artists. I imported my library of music and it made a right mess of it and then when it was sync'd with the iPod you couldn't find anything. It's utter w**k!

DB.

BMW 440i
Ahh, do you mean if it is collaborations etc in an album? I just go to the album, and edit the names to just the main artist if i wanted to keep them together.

Or just search by album.

Bit of editing/sorting through and it can be good to go!

I suppose it's what you get used to!

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
It's because your cardboard music is mostly compilations.

Just tick this is part of a compilation album in iTunes and it solves the issue.