ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 Fault

Never above 25mpg
Apologies if this has been covered. Tried to search both Apple forums, Google and here but couldn't find anything relevant.

When I plug the 4 into the charger on the wall, no problem. Same with my Gear4 speaker, is acknowledged, charges and plays music fine.

Now the problem occurs when I plug the iPhone into my laptop. It has the familiar Windows ding to recognise a USB device but is not acknowledged visually.

No USB device under "My Computer", no iPhone in iTunes, even on the iPhone itself it doesn't come up on the battery meter as being plugged in (although it does charge).

Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance as I haven't backed the device up for at least 6 months!

And no 4S comments, I'll be upgrading when the 5 is out ;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Have you plugged it into another laptop?

My first port of call would be the laptop not the phone (which there probably isn't anything wrong with) considering what you have described.

And as above, it could well be the cable too.

Never above 25mpg
I've checked two cables now so I'm guessing the laptop. Would uninstalling the drivers and getting the phone to reinitiate them be the idea?