ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 + No Service

Finally got my iPhone 4 upgrade the other day, and since syncing it to my mac it's been showing 'No Service' on the top left, where it should say O2-UK.

I'm aware it can take time to activate, I think I had the same problem with my iPhone 3G.

However, I got it on Wednesday - and it's still the same.

Not right that is it?

meh :|

Believe it or not, I have done that, and reset network settings (despite there being none at the minute).

The sim in my 3G is still working as normal on the same contract, allegedly that one gets deactivated then one in iPhone 4 magically works.

I'd love to know when this will decide to happen though.

is there any particular rhythm I should adopt?

I'm rocking along with an off, off, on, off, on

I think I need to shake it up a bit.

Last edited:

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Leave both phone's off overnight.

In the morning it will have sorted itself out.

I've been holding off getting in touch with O2 or Apple, as this does seem pretty common - just wondered how long I'd have to wait.

I'll leave them off overnight anyway, see if that makes any difference...

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I've had the issue when porting numbers before, leaving them off overnight usually sorts it.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Ring O2 now, they'll be open.

Its more than likely their issue, apple wont really be able to help.

Pretty simple. O2 just haven't deactivated your old SIM and activated your new SIM which will have a different serial number.

Call them and they will do it manually