ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 upgrade - who bought out of their contract???

S2 106 GTI
LOL been looking at how many folk have got one of these - and it only seems a few months that people were buying the 3GS....

How many people ended there contract early to 'upgrade'???

Orange rang me up today offering me the upgrade - I have around 6-8 month left, She said it will cost you nearly £600 just upgrade?!

As in pay off the rest of the contract then take out the new one and buy the phone...........

The nice lady said you might as well sell up and buy a pay/go one and carry on your contract
Rich

Re: Iphone 4 upgrade - who bought out of there contract???

I'm on O2 and it cost me £40 to upgrade early. Had 2 months left on my contract.

S2 106 GTI
Re: iPhone 4 upgrade - who bought out of there contract???

How many months you got left fletch?

f**k paying what there asking me to upgrade!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi

LOL been looking at how many folk have got one of these - and it only seems a few months that people were buying the 3GS....

How many people ended there contract early to 'upgrade'???

Orange rang me up today offering me the upgrade - I have around 6-8 month left, She said it will cost you nearly £600 just upgrade?!

As in pay off the rest of the contract then take out the new one and buy the phone...........

The nice lady said you might as well sell up and buy a pay/go one and carry on your contract
Rich

How much do you pay monthly now for your phone? I've just paid £200 to cancel my contract on Orange, I had 6 months remaining!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi

Thing is, it works out better for me to pay up now and cancel, Phones4u are (allegedly) going to give me £150 for my 8Gb 3G ... new 16Gb costs £120.

If I wait until next year, my iPhone wouldn't be worth £150!

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Paid 180 to get out if my contract.

Can the title be changed to "their contract" or it will annoy the hell outta me

Toyota MR2

Mine is 120 to get out of the contract + 120 for the phone + 35 a month.... Yes or no?

I currently have a shitty nokia 6700 classic or something it called. worth £50 on envirophone

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi

What do you have at the moment?

Last edited:
  BMW E46 330i Touring
I had 2 months left. Don't think the system was working properly first thing this morning so it didn't calculate any upgrade charge! The assistant in O2 didn't have the time to investigate the problem...

S2 106 GTI

How much do you pay monthly now for your phone? I've just paid £200 to cancel my contract on Orange, I had 6 months remaining!

£35 a month I'm sure she said I had 8 month left! I just thought its daft paying that amount!

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
On Orange you can lower it by £5 once in a contract ... I think the price given must be to buy out of the contract and then upgrade to the 4?

S2 106 GTI
yeah thats what they said, buy out of the contract then take out a new one

but it would cost that much in total!

any cheaper options??

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I bought out of my o2 one...

£140 to buy out 7 months.

Then £179 for the handset on £35p/m 18m

Total £319

Price mint condition iphone 3gs sold for, £300

Total cost: £19

Renaultsport Clio 182
what's the crack with the data tariffs now then cos my mate said that the network providers are not doing unlimited data anymore - he said they're charging for extra data bundles? is this right and if so, what's the damage?

no chance i'm gonna pay over the odds to get out of my contract early - i dont want an iphone 4 that much!

Depends on the network. I'm on O2 and they give you 500MB per month, but you can buy a £5 bolt-on which gives you another 500MB. The new internet usage rules don't come into play until October, though.

Renaultsport Clio 182
is 500MB a decent amount?

mine is currently unlimited on my 3GS so i have no idea how much downloads / streaming would equate to 500MB a month?

some songs can be upto 8MB each so if you download a few of those then i guess you'd hit your limit pretty quickly? youtube videos & tvcatchup streaming would certainly put a dent in it if you didnt have wifi (like me watching the tennis whilst sat at my desk in work using 3G) lol

Depends on what you use the phone for, really. But like you said, streaming TV and YT would certainly make swift use of your allowance. If you go to Settings -> General -> Usage you can see how much data you've used, or, if you're on O2 you can get a monthly run down of your data usage on their website.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
i bought out my contract 4 months = £80 on that reduce O2 existing customer offer they are running.