ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4 will not turn on

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
all of a sudden my iphone 4 went dead yesterday, blank screen and will not turn on. I've search for this problem but all the posted seam quite old, just wondered if anyone had any updated info regarding my problem.

There was plenty of power left in the battery, but I plugged it in to see if it needed charging. I left it for 1 hour charging but nothing.

Also tried holding the power button, and the power button plus the home button together. I've also tried hold the buttons while plugged into the mains and while connected to itunes.

When I plugged it in this morning itunes came up with a message saying that the phone was in recovery mode. So I tried a restore but this failed also.

Can anyone help.

Short Norman

ClioSport Club Member
  997 C4S
Seem's very strange,

Was it updated to the latest iOS (5.1.1) before it happened? (not immediatly after it happened) but was it running that version when it happened?

I think the phone didn't have the latest software, my copy of iTunes on the laptop was defiantly out of date.

Been on the phone to apple today who ran me through trying to restore it (tried 4 different computers so far, apple even asked me to try with my firewall turned off) but it still keeps erroring - usually brings up error code 28 near the end of the restore.

I think I'll end up taking it to an apple store and end up being £120 out of pocket. The phone is about 20 month old a and with the exception of occasional temperamental home button it has been faultless.

It was left on the table in the conservatory and when i picked it up an hour or so later it was just blank. It was warm in there but not overly hot - keep thinking that might have something to do with it.....

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
This has just happend to me, sadly it seems im out of apple care :(

any ideas on costs so i can prepare myself for going in tonight?