ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Re: iPhone Event - 4/10/2011 - Read post #1 before asking questions

Glad I've just upgraded for free to a 4 tbh.

Bus w**ker

Hmmm

Last edited by a moderator:

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra

I still can't see a reason to swap my 3GS really. I'm not sure what I was expecting but I guess it was more than this.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf

ok they want £245 for me to upgrade early after getting my 4 on launch day :(

Two 0 Shitx

I'd love to do an angry text with it...

clio sport f1 r27

im so happy im due an upgrade start of November :lolup:

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

I heard a rumour Steve Jobs didn't leave due to poor health, he was just utterly embarrassed that the "new" iPhone is not really cutting edge like the previous ones and couldn't face revealing it to the public ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I heard a rumour Steve Jobs didn't leave due to poor health, he was just utterly embarrassed that the "new" iPhone is not really cutting edge like the previous ones and couldn't face revealing it to the public ;)

Was the 3gs cutting edge over the 3?

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

the 4s is still s**t, not as good as other phones that are already on the market
one clear winner as engadget points out.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/10/04/iphone-4s-vs-the-smartphone-elite-galaxy-s-ii-bionic-and-tita/

What you haven't grasped is that is all just numbers. How it all actually works together etc is all very different to what the numbers say.

You can have dual core processors that are slower than single even if ghz are similar etc, you can have 10mp cameras that take worse pics than 8mp cameras. Its all numbers, until you can actually see some side by side tests you really cannot say which is better.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi

Just as a question, and i've asked this to alot of people and not got a decent answer yet. What the f**k do you want a phone to do now? There really isn't a whole lot they can add into a phone anymore with current technology that you would call "cutting edge" Do you want a built in toilet roll dispenser to wipe your arse with or something?

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)

cheers ended up finding it on tuaw too lol.

Does anyone know if you can get the iphone on contract from apple? can you do upgrades with them?

Their site say's you can choose a carrier and plan over the phone but i'm dubious about how that would work?

Yes... We do upgrades on all networks.

What you haven't grasped is that is all just numbers. How it all actually works together etc is all very different to what the numbers say.

You can have dual core processors that are slower than single even if ghz are similar etc, you can have 10mp cameras that take worse pics than 8mp cameras. Its all numbers, until you can actually see some side by side tests you really cannot say which is better.

Not only is it just numbers but they give the RAM catagory to the S2 despite not knowing what's in the iPhone. The S2 gets the vote for dock connectors? Who honestly cares? All phones will come with a cable no matter how they connect. Same as micro-sim. Let me guess, you like to swap cards with your mates? :rolleyes: The iPhone has the better battery but 'loses' that one due to it not being removable. Loses for being heavier. Fair enough. But then loses for being smaller.

Might as well have just posted that iPad vs bluetack/rock chart.

DB.

BMW 440i

Exactly what tyrannical said!

Numbers are often irrelevant. Looks at cars for example, you can look at 0-60's, bhp, torque. Id much rather be in an Audi S3 than a supercharged Clio 182.

Clio Mk2 Phase 1

andywright182 said:

Just as a question, and i've asked this to alot of people and not got a decent answer yet. What the f**k do you want a phone to do now? There really isn't a whole lot they can add into a phone anymore with current technology that you would call "cutting edge" Do you want a built in toilet roll dispenser to wipe your arse with or something?

Successful Troll is successful.

Edit

I'll be going from the Galaxy S to the 4S now when I upgrade on my O2 contract.

It's been said but yeah it's all numbers, depends how it runs on the device itself is the most important one. How the components get used by the OS/handest itself is what will count.

I would be suprised not to see 1GB RAM in the 4S, Apple quietly threw 1GB RAM into the iPad 2 so we could still see it added to the 4S.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b

Apple are meant to be at the cutting edge as the previous generations have been. They build such hype to throw in an old processor, pretty average camera and software thats available on an 18m old phone. I was considering moving back to apple if it had been a great announcement, but not worth leaving a good contract with a GS2 to a terrible contract with a phone that offers no big improvements

BMW F31

Yes... We do upgrades on all networks.

Do you work for apple Alexiooo?

Do you know if I ring up on friday morning if i'll be able to upgrade and go to a 12 month contract with o2 (they offer 12 month tariffs for existing customers) ?

Megane 225 F1

TBH depending on price I might be tempted to switch over :eek:

DB.

BMW 440i

Convenience of having an iPhone when having iPod, iPad is also a bonus, everything just links together perfectly.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

ok they want £245 for me to upgrade early after getting my 4 on launch day :(

LOL

Mines only £170 and I've got over 12 months left on it.

I'd rather buy outright than buy out the contract and start again though.

My contract lapsed in June and I have been waiting for a new release.

When is the iPhone 5 likely to be announced. The 'usual' June, or do people think it will be a year from now?

When is the iPhone 5 likely to be announced. The 'usual' June, or do people think it will be a year from now?

Absolutely impossible to tell.

Anyone that says they know is lying. You might as well just throw a dart at the calendar. That'll be just as accurate as any other predictions.

Bus w**ker

110% June 2012 FACT*

*Not a fact.

Mondial 172Cup (A/C)

Do you work for apple Alexiooo?

Do you know if I ring up on friday morning if i'll be able to upgrade and go to a 12 month contract with o2 (they offer 12 month tariffs for existing customers) ?

Yeh.

Apple Retail do not currently do contract agreements over the telephone. You will have to experience the fun of queueing up with the hundreds of other people on the morning... However, o2 do offer 12mth agreements for existing customers, however i don't yet know if iPhone 4s will be the same as iPhone 4/3GS etc.

Absolutely impossible to tell.

Anyone that says they know is lying. You might as well just throw a dart at the calendar. That'll be just as accurate as any other predictions.

I think I may just go with an iPhone 4 to tide me over then :quiet:

BMW F31

Yeh.

Apple Retail do not currently do contract agreements over the telephone. You will have to experience the fun of queueing up with the hundreds of other people on the morning... However, o2 do offer 12mth agreements for existing customers, however i don't yet know if iPhone 4s will be the same as iPhone 4/3GS etc.

lol your website say's different, says I can ring on friday ;)

also the orange site article is interesting on prices

http://web.orange.co.uk/article/news/iphone5_launch_expected_in_london

Megane 225 F1

I are confused. I've just had a quick read on the apple site about iOS 5 and some of the features I swear I have seen before such as seeing when someone is typing within iMessage.

Has there been announcements about it before?