ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Re: iPhone Event - 4/10/2011 - Read post #1 before asking questions

Even the resident fan boy admin staff must feel slightly underwhelmed by this news. Anyone who upgrades from a 4 needs their head looking at.

Next stupid comment and you get a ban.

Thanks.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

which works out cheaper? and can you afford £500 in one hit? that'll give you your answer ;)
Cheaper for the £500 outlay by £150 overall. Either way I'd have to buy it on my credit card, and this way I can get rid of the phone when I want....

DB.

BMW 440i

For those with 4's, its not much of an outlay to sell the 4 and buy a 4S to be fair.

Biggest change on the iPhone imo is 4G - except we can't get it in this country. Needed a exterior change tbh to get me excited.

Ford Kuga Phev

word_easy
user-online.png

Forum User Join DateDec 2003LocationStaffordshirePosts800CarClio 182 cup'd

You might want to update your profile?

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy

what is ''siri''?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS

If I had the cash I'd get one. But I don't, so I won't. Maybe after Christmas.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

which simplicity deal is that mate? looking on o2 i can only see £21 for 1 month rolling with data add on?
I phoned up a year ago and that's what they did for me, and I'm on this until I say so otherwise.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

I'm still baffled by Cards, quite possibly the strangest product introduction I think I've ever seen.

DB.

BMW 440i

I did really want the exterior change, but quite impressed with the updates, and ill be coming from a 3G/3GS anyway, so even better.

Really want the finish to be silver like on the iPads though for some reason, loved those mock ups!

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

what is ''siri''?

1.) You ask it to do things with your phone and it does them.*
2.) It also behaves like wolfram alpha.

(* may randomly call contacts/delete calendars**)
(** I'll reserve judgment on that until I actually get to play with it***)
(*** current experience based on iOS voice control)

BMW F31

Cheaper for the £500 outlay by £150 overall. Either way I'd have to buy it on my credit card, and this way I can get rid of the phone when I want....

There you go then :)

If I upgrade on the 14th by doing it on contract and reducing my contract at the same time (usage isnt as much as previously) then I'll be £50 worse off than if I buy outright. the 12 month upgrades for existing o2 customers makes it a no brainer imo if you got a 4 on launch last year. O2 recycle will give me £266.50 for my 4 which also goes towards it.

hopefully they'll release the 5 this time next year and I'll be in a perfect position to upgrade, if not then I'll just wait a couple of months :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

I'll be using cards, I'm already into funky pigeon, this just makes it even easier.

My dads birthday next month so will try it out then :D

An orange one

where does it say on o2's page about the 12 month upgrades?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member

For those with 4's, its not much of an outlay to sell the 4 and buy a 4S to be fair.

You are the nasty, evil, voice inside my head!

200 Gordini

Will Apple announce an exact time for when the online pre order will be available? I normally go through O2 but will be buying the 4S outright this time.

The worst thing about no redesign is we don't get to see Ive :dapprove:

DB.

BMW 440i

Atleast there are already lots of cases/docks out.

As I want a dock for the car (Not a window stick on job) and I will also be keeping this iPhone clothed for once rather than naked! Too careless for nakedness!

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member

There you go then :)

If I upgrade on the 14th by doing it on contract and reducing my contract at the same time (usage isnt as much as previously) then I'll be £50 worse off than if I buy outright. the 12 month upgrades for existing o2 customers makes it a no brainer imo if you got a 4 on launch last year. O2 recycle will give me £266.50 for my 4 which also goes towards it.

hopefully they'll release the 5 this time next year and I'll be in a perfect position to upgrade, if not then I'll just wait a couple of months :)
But then I can get £130 for my 3GS. Decisions decisions. I'd prefer the cheaper outlay to start with as the monthly cost is less. Guess I'll make my decision on Friday when all the tariffs have been properly announced.

DB.

BMW 440i

Do you think it will be hard to get in with the first batch if you pre order late friday? (could do it at work, but easier at home)

I can imagine Siri working very well. Apple are not the sort to release a half-hearted product. Every eventuality will be worked out imo.

Do you think it will be hard to get in with the first batch if you pre order late friday? (could do it at work, but easier at home)

If you do it within the first few hours you'll be fine.

Late afternoon and delivery will be 2-3weeks.

DB.

BMW 440i

Ill just have to do it at work then, finish at 12 on a friday, so will just work over to make up for it.

I want it ASAP as I'm like a kid at Christmas when I get something new lol Time to go case hunting

An orange one

i got my 4 on launch day so o2 want a further £81 to fasttrack it early lol, i guess all 4 owners will be in the same boat,

BMW F31

i got my 4 on launch day so o2 want a further £81 to fasttrack it early lol, i guess all 4 owners will be in the same boat,

you can take off one months tariff from that as I expect like me your next bill will be taken before the 4S launch

Padso

ClioSport Club Member
  Merc

Lets hope the update for Iphone 4 users doesnt make the phone unuseable like they done with the previous models.

I remember updating my Iphone 3 and it becoming basically so slow and laggy that i had to upgrade.

An orange one

yeah it will come out on the 9th, i wonder what the phone price will be on a 12 month deal though, fairly high probably,

Bumder With A Buffer

Not substantial enough of an upgrade for me to spunk £600+ on. Personally I think it's just greed by Apple, but they're there to make money and mugs will pay for it - so can't really blame them.

I'll wait for the 5 and be out of contract then too. No loss.

Thats what they are hoping all the Apple fanboys will do.

Zomg a new iPhone!....no it the same as the one you have, but please slunk your hard earned on this pointless gadget.