ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
can anyone help me, im on vodafone, in a 18 or 24 month contract with a s**tty blackberry that doesnt work atm :( ive decided i want the new iphone. how do i go about doing this without my bank account being destroyed? i dont mind waiting a few weeks to get the phone im not that desperate :p

cheers

260% JCW
can anyone help me, im on vodafone, in a 18 or 24 month contract with a s**tty blackberry that doesnt work atm :( ive decided i want the new iphone. how do i go about doing this without my bank account being destroyed? i dont mind waiting a few weeks to get the phone im not that desperate :p

cheers

I'm in the same boat.

My contract doesn't end until May, and 02 wanted £350 to buy myself out and then I would have to go on a £40+ a month for 18 months. It's cheaper for me to buy the phone outright and stay on my cheaper contract. Then in April when it ends, I'll go sim only for £16 a month.

Bingo.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
ive been thinking of selling my shitberry and buying the iphone outright but i dont know how much the torches go for these days and how much buying the iphone will set me back altogether

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
not bad if i can get a tidy ammount for my torch. not holding out hope tho! otherwise its a big wedge

You can't call a store mate as they would just be on the phone all day. There is a number but it's for customer service use only.

Most C/C is outsourced now as well, they speak 5 languages as they deal with customer care for Vodafone global so they are really intelligent people, just use English names as it's easier :). They are in Egypt as well, I've been India as they don't take calls ;)

Phoning them would be honestly lovely, except Vodafone actually have the worst customer service setup EVER!

Firstly, there are no store numbers, at all, you cannot contact a store without walking into it.

Secondly you call up and get some tit in India, who claims to be English but cannot speak it.

Thirdly, this tit can't even get hold of the store and can only leave a message.

Fourthly, I'm f**king raging!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
You can't call a store mate as they would just be on the phone all day. There is a number but it's for customer service use only.

Most C/C is outsourced now as well, they speak 5 languages as they deal with customer care for Vodafone global so they are really intelligent people, just use English names as it's easier :). They are in Egypt as well, I've been India as they don't take calls ;)

You've been reading the company handbook haven't you? ;-)

Just been down there and checked, the store does now exist, despite not being on the voda site and being boarded up on streetview. Problem is, the fact I can't contact the store means I have no way to check if my phone's there or not, so I have to leave work, drive there, pay to park, and then could be told "it's not here..."

Just seems a bit silly to me seeing as all other stores manage it, ironically voda'stwitter customer service pwns all other forms.

As for the woman on the phone, her english was so bad she didn't understand that i'd ordered from one store to be delivered to another, actually took me 5 mins just to explain the situation.

Sorry for the rant, but it's not the best start to a new provider!!!

Any idea if handsets are arriving first thing in the morning?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I wonder when I'll get the dispatched email from Vodafone. I'm guessing tomorrow morning when it actually dispatched lol

Carphone warehouse in wrexham offered me an iphone 4s at 35 a month yesterday, a one off fee of 50 quid. the deal was as far as i can remember, 600ish mins, unlimited texts and an amount of mb's that i'd basically never go over (instant wifi at home would help)

i was like SIGN ME UP but after a few checks on their system it has to be when you are up for renewal, or 3 months before minimum... I'm not till july 2012... so all in all fcuk my life.

I wanted to join you cool kids as i have a macbook pro and have come to the realisation apple is a pretty brilliant company.

but back to the point, carphone warehouse can apparently outdo orange for offers and deals on the handset.

thing is though i've thought about actually buying my contract out i hate the blackberry now so much, and the hates come from nowhere!!! i dont ever hate anything either :(

DB.

BMW 440i
thing is though i've thought about actually buying my contract out i hate the blackberry now so much, and the hates come from nowhere!!! i dont ever hate anything either :(

You could always go handset only, then come upgrade time in 12 months (Or less when your contract is due) go onto a monthly rolling job, and start a new contract with the release of the new iPhone next year.

Then just sell your handset you could buy now, Voila.

Join the dark side. :evil:

Mercedes
Carphone warehouse in wrexham offered me an iphone 4s at 35 a month yesterday, a one off fee of 50 quid. the deal was as far as i can remember, 600ish mins, unlimited texts and an amount of mb's that i'd basically never go over (instant wifi at home would help)

i was like SIGN ME UP but after a few checks on their system it has to be when you are up for renewal, or 3 months before minimum... I'm not till july 2012... so all in all fcuk my life.

I wanted to join you cool kids as i have a macbook pro and have come to the realisation apple is a pretty brilliant company.

but back to the point, carphone warehouse can apparently outdo orange for offers and deals on the handset.

Told you to do it when you got that silly BB thing last time

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Girlfriend has a confirmation email from Vodafone saying phone has been shipped today for a tomorrow delivery,

I ordered mine 4 hours before her and i have no dispatch email. :S

200 Gordini
Picture1-3.png

I was getting worried!