ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
FAO of Ben;

5ad28848-5447-ce2f.jpg

<3

withoutabix

ClioSport Club Member
Anybody experienced any trouble with the text tones?

I've purchased a new one from the store and when i receive a text message nothing sounds but if i put it back to a preset one , it works fine!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Finally got mine up and running. Couple of things. When someone rings me i can hardly hear them but they can hear me fine? Also when i go to say my yahoo homepage and click back so that screen dissapears am i still connected to the internet. Apologies for the simple questions lol

M135i
Finally got mine up and running. Couple of things. When someone rings me i can hardly hear them but they can hear me fine? Also when i go to say my yahoo homepage and click back so that screen dissapears am i still connected to the internet. Apologies for the simple questions lol

Did you leave the Standard front screen protector on ? I did that and couldn't believe how much sound it blocked out. Had me confused for about half an hour lol

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Lol yeah cheers. Ive spoken to Orange and theres nothing ive done that should be stoping it from working. Doing a download on it now so will see what happens

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
my volume buttons have been wired round the wrong way it seems :/ vol up quietens the call/ringer?

LOL. Ive had a 3 & 4 so I know I'm not pressing the wrong one?

Ill have to reboot

Ph2 172
Can anyone check the "lifetime call time" - my phone seems to think it's been used for 5 days 12 hours - which seems odd!

An orange one
i had a play with one today in newcastle, i was shocked at the majority of stores in town having plenty of stock in, which is a good thing, nothing worse than things being out of stock!!

i wont be changing from my 4 with ios 5 though, the better camera would be cool, but siri is not something i would really use, will have to wait a bit longer for the 5 to come out to finally get a white iphone lol

Ph2 172
I guess it must do - although strangely, a mate of mine who was also upgrading from a 3GS, and also did a restore from backup to setup, his call counter is at 7 minutes.

I like how fast it is compared to the 4.

Siri and speech to text is great, I've used it a few times when texting, even this is spoken through TapaTalk.

Ph2 172
Yes, twitter app did that to me. You seem to have to go into the iOS5 twitter settings, and set up from there. Once I did that, the app worked.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I'm due an upgrade. I was waiting for the iPhone 5 to enter Apple World.

Should I consider the 4S, or just wait for the 5? (How long will the wait be?)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'm due an upgrade. I was waiting for the iPhone 5 to enter Apple World.

Should I consider the 4S, or just wait for the 5? (How long will the wait be?)

Its going to be a year realistically. 12 month voda contract, done.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Anyone using google sync or exchange with their contacts be warned, Siri wont add relationships to exchange accounts properly.
I've worked around it by adding a single iCloud contact with my details and pointed siri to that. Problem solved.

1.6 Focus, 1.6 122S
I'm not able to upgrade yearly, I can afford to upgrade my phone every 3, at a push 2 years. With a contract of £35 a month I will be treating myself to this phone!