ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iPhone 4S - Read post #1 before asking questions

Will you be buying an iPhone 4S

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just dropped a mate at the station so he can get the train into London. He has now joined the Regent street queue of approximately 30 people to wait overnight for 8am tomorrow morning.

Absobloodylutely mental :clown: Sod that for a laugh...

Mk4 .:R32
Mine's coming from Hinckley, which is about 2.5 hours from me.

I won't be in tomorrow to sign for it, so where the f**k will it go :S back to Hinckley?

182 & Porsche 986
ohh mines been delivered between 9.30 & 1.30 tommrow :) not bad to say i didnt order it straight away. shame i wont be in!

Why do people get it delivered to somewhere when nobody will be in and then moan about it?

Get it delivered to work or something.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Why do people get it delivered to somewhere when nobody will be in and then moan about it?

Some people cant get stuff delivered to work, or work isnt open for the full delivery times.

Well I wouldn't mind picking it up, last year they used a place the other side of Preston (about 10 miles from me), as they used a courier with a lot of depots across the UK. This time, it's coming from a place 2.5 hours away.

Can't get it delivered to work. I work on a secure Aerospace site.

MK2 PH2 1.2 16V
I got my confirmation mail and getting it sent to the misses work! I'm picking it up as soon as she recieves it.

An orange one
I'm going into the O2 store in Carlisle on Saturday, I bet I don't stand a chance tbh!

Prob sell them all tomorrow, not that fussed really now with ios5 out anyways, but I quite fancy a white one on 12 month deal lol

Inferno 182 CUP
Buzzng for my 25% deal at Orange!

£34.50, free iPhone 16GB, 900 mins, 1GB net, unlimited texts, unlimited wifi, tethering included 24 months

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
cant wait for my 50% deal - awesome!!!!!

12month £51 (25.50) + £299 for the 64gb = £605 in total! BOOM!

Could have got the 16gb in total for £445, but thought f**k it and get the 64gb!

I was going to get 32gb or 64 but my current 3GS has only 6gb used lol..

Have you actually got your phone at home now then? Very jealous of discount.. What do you do for them?

Could be wrong but I think Syncreon are just a logistics company that are coordinating the delivery process on behalf of Apple, so they'll outsource to the likes of TNT, UPS, City Link and other couriers.

Those who ordered their iPhones early on last Friday, their device is probably already with a designated courier (hence some people can see that their order is being delivered via UPS). Those (like myself) who ordered around lunch time last Friday, can probably just see that their order is at Hinckley (with Syncreon), as it's not yet been distributed to/or picked up by a designated courier.

So basically they're being delivered in batches, depending on the time you ordered (due to the mass scale of orders).

Just my guess anyways

200 Gordini
Could be wrong but I think Syncreon are just a logistics company that are coordinating the delivery process on behalf of Apple, so they'll outsource to the likes of TNT, UPS, City Link and other couriers.

Those who ordered their iPhones early on last Friday, their device is probably already with a designated courier (hence some people can see that their order is being delivered via UPS). Those (like myself) who ordered around lunch time last Friday, can probably just see that their order is at Hinckley (with Syncreon), as it's not yet been distributed to/or picked up by a designated courier.

So basically they're being delivered in batches, depending on the time you ordered (due to the mass scale of orders).

Just my guess anyways

So from your analysis, is it possible my iPhone is still 'Preparing for shipment' because the Hinckley depot is only 20 minutes away from me and won't be passed on to a courier until tomorrow morning?