ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 4S, restoring content but not from a back up

Apple knowledge banks, I need some help.

My last two 4S phones have struggled with 3G loading. The phone will show 3-full bars of 3G Vodafone reception, but will not load pages/access CS etc etc. When I toggle airplane mode on and off again, it seems to reset it and will then load. Similar issue when coming off the tube - it still shows "no service" when above ground. A quick toggle on and off of airplane mode, or worst case a soft reset and it's back...

As this has happened with both my phones (a 14 month old one and a brand new one as of this week) it has led me to the assumption it is something to do with my backups. Perhaps a virus/piece of malware? I'm guessing, as I don't know. And yes, I did see the 6.1.1 update to fix 3G issues on 4S phones - sorted this morning, still no change - it's patchy at best.

So, finally, the question is, how do I make sure that I load only essential things back on to my phone? I've done the newest Google sync, so contacts are fine. Emails I can do. Texts I'm not fussed about. Photos are saved on the comp... so is it literally a case of noting the locations and apps I've got, then resetting?

Bus w**ker
Plug it in to iTunes, do a fresh restore and then don't pick to restore from backup. Once it's done the do, sync the apps you want back on it from iTunes. You'll lose some data but anything important should have been captured and synced to iCloud under Documents and Data.

Oh and your problem is Vodafone, seriously. Worst Network I have ever been on. Ever.

Mines does this too. Come out of a train tunnel and it takes an age to load again. Still shows 3g but just refuses to load.

I'm on Orange btw.

Ran out of pauper posts, hot Sytuff.

Adam, this has sped the phone up no end, Adam. Worth doing.

Thanks to Tom in the background as well.

I done a restore a few weeks ago and it was rapid then I loaded 50gb worth of tunes on and it shat it's self again. Ah well.