ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 5?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Hmmm my contract is up in march time iirc and i've been looking at the 4. Will wait and see what comes of the 5 maybe. I hate coming out of contract then goihng back in once the phone is released to be honest.

I'm sure Vodafone could set it up that you go on a rolling one until the phone comes out?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
So if I wait while new iphone is released to upgrade I can do so 70days early ? (Just to be clear, delete this after ifyou want)

Ah flaps, my upgrade is the end of February, contract ends in May. Looks like I'll not be able to hold out without ending the contract and starting afresh, or just getting a 4.

MKV R32
What's the point in that? Unless you're trying to hide something from the lady ;)

Which other phones can do that?

Seeing as it's advertised as a business phone it has terrible security, you can hack the passcode and you've access to emails, accounts, invoices, documents etc. You can have multiple emails aswell.

So what are the odds of a 4Gs or 5G in June/July, I can't be arsed to upgrade from 3Gs to 4G, don't see any benefit. Its been pretty annual so far, don't see why that won't continue?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
a little birdy told me that there will be no button on the ipad 2 and it will be unlocked etc using gestures. i also heard this will be the case with the iphone 5.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Jonathan Ive's always said they'll be an analogue sleep/wake button on their mobile devices for reliability and safety.

Ironically, it's one of the iPhone 4's weak points.

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Jonathan Ive's always said they'll be an analogue sleep/wake button on their mobile devices for reliability and safety.

Ironically, it's one of the iPhone 4's weak points.

sleep/wake button - yes

'home' button on the front - no - maybe on the next gen, but there are rumours that they are going to remove it with the 4 and 5 finger touch stuff replacing it.

Bus w**ker
its a statement. i heard it from an inside source. not a matter of yes or no.
"Inside source" where exactly? PC World? McDonalds? Apple? Asda? You can't make a statement and not back it up with fact, that's just speculating.

I can't see physical buttons being completely scrapped from the new device and replaced with gestures, what happens if the device locks up; there needs to be a way to reboot it? Gestures will come to the new iDevice but what they will be or do I've no idea, but four or five fingers is far too much for an iPhone screen.

P.S. The first letter after a full stop should be a capital.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
"Inside source" where exactly? PC World? McDonalds? Apple? Asda? You can't make a statement and not back it up with fact, that's just speculating.

I can't see physical buttons being completely scrapped from the new device and replaced with gestures, what happens if the device locks up; there needs to be a way to reboot it? Gestures will come to the new iDevice but what they will be or do I've no idea, but four or five fingers is far too much for an iPhone screen.

P.S. The first letter after a full stop should be a capital.

1) If it was an inside source where on earth do you think it came from? If it wasnt from apple it wouldnt be an inside source now would it?
2) I thought this was an internet forum, not my secondary school english essay. why the f**k should i spend my time making sure my grammar is perfect?
3) What i meant was no home button. i would imagine there will still be a lock button.

dk

911 GTS Cab
a little birdy told me that there will be no button on the ipad 2 and it will be unlocked etc using gestures. i also heard this will be the case with the iphone 5.

I read they were getting rid of the home button too, can't remember where, maybe macrumours

There were gestures added to 4.3.1b that enabled you to navigate out of apps etc without the need of the home button. 5 finger pinches etc.

So people presumed that meant the home button was going.

4.3.2b doesn't have the gestures in.

It's a s**t idea for it to take the place of the home button. Part of why the iPhone/iPad work so well is ease of use. Give it to anyone they get on with it, can navigate around. Start having to explain 5 finger pinches and it loses it's star quality.

They might be an addition but they'll never be instead of. Rhys is talking out of his arse. The people that would know about this would be in the tens. Not the sort of people that are going to tell you about it over a beer! LOL Sneeks' mate had an early iPhone at one point, wouldn't even let him touch it, told him nothing at all.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Where does he work? No one outside of Cupertino is that reliably informed, this early.

Does he work at Phones 4U? ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
It's crazy mate, I bet you want to stab everyone. I know I would.

I went to a networking event the other morning and there was this know-it-all media c*nt who was telling everyone he knew that the new iPhone was out in May and it had a slide out keyboard. I kept quiet; but inside I was screaming.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
I know somebody in Cupertino.

I was most definitely one of the earliest people to see a 3G in the flesh after it was announced. Even despite the fact that it had been announced, I was not allowed to touch it or take photographs of it. (It had serial numbers etched into the glass).

The people within the iPhone group don't let make idle chat about future devices. The whole "leak" on the iPhone 4 was because somebody lost a field test phone.

Everything you hear is nothing more than speculation.

Status
Not open for further replies.