ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 6S

Stone me. iOS 9 on a 6S is alpha. 3D Touch already feels like an innovation. Its integration with the haptic feedback is fabulous.

Plus is massive, but I'm warming to it.

Reactions: AK

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Stone me. iOS 9 on a 6S is alpha. 3D Touch already feels like an innovation. Its integration with the haptic feedback is fabulous.

Plus is massive, but I'm warming to it.

Do you actually use it that often, and that fluidly to be so impressed?

I find it fiddly at the best of times, even with it set to the most sensitive

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Mines great, simple, minimal changes so I just switch it on and we're rocking...

I have a nice slim Apple learn case, over priced but feels as nice as a hand job.. I normally fit huge otter box cases, but to offset the size I've increased the risk of fail..

I give it 8 out of 10 jizz socks

Golf R/Leon FR
I love the 6S, but iOS 9 is annoying me. My phone wont back up to iCloud or iTunes no matter what work around I try, I last backed it up on the laptop 2 weeks ago but iTunes says it was last backed up in April?!!
My debit card keeps removing itself and I have to call Halifax to verify it every time I put it back on. Finally, all my photos have disappeared from my phone! Although when I go into iCloud backup it show my photo library as 6.5gb?
Apparently it is a common issue and others are experiencing the same thing.

Listerine & Poledo
Doing a battery life test.
from 8ish yesterday morning, I'm on 15% now.

Dont know if that's good or not.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Battery on mine has a been fantastic tbf, miles ahead of my 6. (could be down to IOS 9)

Can't say I'v used force touch much day to day, its probably a habit thing if they forced you to use it I probably would.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I thought my girlfriend bent my phone by sitting on my lap earlier... She's not a heffer, honest.

Can confirm these don't bend.

Does anyone know how to get the photostream back on my phone? iCloud and whatnot are all switched on.

Got over 80 hours standby and 12 hours of use on a single charge before plugging it in with 15% remaining.

s**t battery life on these iPhones.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/iph...limited-calls-texts-3gb-data-2319260#comments

Quite a good deal on the 64gb.

Just ordered one as I desperately needed a new phone. Now that people have had their phones for a while, any case recommendations?

Just done this deal, good buy imo. Not as much data as I'd like but I think I can work around that anyway.

Going to be pretty nice going from the 4s to the 6s. Since the latest update my 4s has been going pretty slow. Don't think the phone is cut out for the latest software tbh.

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Anyone got the apple leather case? Tempted by it but want to know how robust it is with wear marks etc?

Silicone one may be the safe bet I guess.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
Na, but I might do with my next iPhone. Mine was mint for most of the year until I dropped it. Felt like crying at the time tbh. I currently have a £25 screen cover on mine. Pretty good

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
Anyone got the apple leather case? Tempted by it but want to know how robust it is with wear marks etc?

Silicone one may be the safe bet I guess.
I have it in black and it's fine, I don't stick it in with keys etc so no scratches that can't be rubbed off with a licked finger..

Fits really nice and still has that small compact feel.. I normall fit otter boxes but as its such a step up in size I didn't was to carry around a brick of plastic and I was worried it would fit in my pocket..

I like the case, it's simple, slick, and when I flipped the phone off the bed onto my wood floor it saved the phone..

There's better cheaper, but I'm still happy..

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I have it in black and it's fine, I don't stick it in with keys etc so no scratches that can't be rubbed off with a licked finger..

Fits really nice and still has that small compact feel.. I normall fit otter boxes but as its such a step up in size I didn't was to carry around a brick of plastic and I was worried it would fit in my pocket..

I like the case, it's simple, slick, and when I flipped the phone off the bed onto my wood floor it saved the phone..

There's better cheaper, but I'm still happy..

Sounds good, like you I never put keys or change etc in the same pocket as my phone. Having just watched a few reviews too I think the leather is worth the extra money. Sounds like the silicone one attracts dust etc too which would be a pain.

Bit pricey and as you say there's probably cheaper that does a good job but I don't want to gamble on a crappy fit. Think I'll get it bought.

Screen cover would probably be a good idea although I've never actually damaged the screen on any of my iphones before as they are reasonably scratch resistant anyway afaik.

SQ5
Sounds good, like you I never put keys or change etc in the same pocket as my phone. Having just watched a few reviews too I think the leather is worth the extra money. Sounds like the silicone one attracts dust etc too which would be a pain.

Bit pricey and as you say there's probably cheaper that does a good job but I don't want to gamble on a crappy fit. Think I'll get it bought.

Screen cover would probably be a good idea although I've never actually damaged the screen on any of my iphones before as they are reasonably scratch resistant anyway afaik.

Leather one is great, mines quite smooth after a year now.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
im very impressed with the robustness of the coating on this phone. considering my last anodised iphone was a 5 and it was peppered in chips in a few weeks this one takes quite a hammering before being damaged

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
It may be worth mentioning that CEX sell the genuine leather cases at a decent price, my 6 plus leather case was £10 iirc.

That's a bargain, sadly I already paid for it now anyway haha. Will do the job. Phone is due to arrive tomorrow looking forward to it now but will be waiting for case before I leave house with it.

I also have a screen protector fitted from Stormfront, it's a Belkin one and quite expensive at £25 but it's a tempered glass one, you get a years warranty so if it cracks you just take your receipt in and they replace it also they fit it with a fancy machine so you will have it fitted perfectly.

Screen protectors seem yo have a lot of issues the 6s is slightly more curved then the 6 they don't stick or show a halo effect [emoji17]

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
My tempered glass screen protector was a couple of quid, looks & feels great

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Screen protectors seem yo have a lot of issues the 6s is slightly more curved then the 6 they don't stick or show a halo effect [emoji17]

The only 6 I saw with a screen protector stuck out a mile away.

You're never going to get a flush/invisible fit with a screen protector on these. Unless the edge has a very sharp chamfer or the whole thing is curved.

I've still got mine waiting to go on when I'm done with this case/screen protector I have now

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
Got mine yesterday morning, pretty impressed on the whole. Same old iphone though because the ios but I knew this would be the case, runs much smoother and not noticed it freezing between loading apps like the 4s did. Battery is amazing compared to my 4s. Fully charged yesterday morning and its now on 59%. Also glad I didn't go for a bigger screen. This is just the right step up in size for me for now. 3d touch is cool but I've not actually used it yet and I've no idea yet how to get apple pay to work, not sure I wanna look like a tit anyway tbh haha.

Contacted o2 also and got the 3gb in the deal put up to 5gb for £35/month.

I had a habit on my 4s of pressing the main button at the bottom of the screen to read the time. Keep doing it on this and unlocking the phone which is getting annoying need to get in the habit of pressing the side home button instead.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
apple pay is boss. learn how to do it or forever be a pauper!

3d touch is handy though. expessially when more apps start using it.

best part about the whole phone is live pictures though. got some proper funny ones of some mates that you just dont expect. makes you realise how ugly people are just before and just after a picture though lol

SQ5
Was setting up 3 6S last night and one got the the "slide to upgrade" problem which bricks the phone out of the box!

Restore to factory settings and then wouldn't let me activate!

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep
Was setting up 3 6S last night and one got the the "slide to upgrade" problem which bricks the phone out of the box!

Restore to factory settings and then wouldn't let me activate!
Weird.

I didn't even know there was an issue like this?