ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 7

White APE
My parked car thing definitely does t work. I've been on 4 separate journeys today and for the first 2 it still said my car was parked at home. I delete that and has shown nothing since.

SQ5
My parked car thing definitely does t work. I've been on 4 separate journeys today and for the first 2 it still said my car was parked at home. I delete that and has shown nothing since.

Does your phone connect to Bluetooth?

Getting mine tomorrow at 8.15, early start to miss rush hour!

What case is everyone going for? Going to pick up an apple leather one whilst I'm there, probably storm grey depending what it looks like in person.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Anyone ordered a 7+ in normal black and getting it tomorrow??
Now I've updated to ios10 I don't know if I really want it now.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i ordered one at 5 mins past the onsale preorder and its coming in 2 weeks 😧

dk

911 GTS Cab
I recommend everyone do this...

Why it's not like this as default is anyone's guess.

As I explained to eug, the lock screen is more involved now, so you might not want to open the phone straight away, one tsp to see the alerts and maybe reply to them, and second press if you just want to go into the phone still.

Seems logical to me, especially if you've got a 6 and don't have support for the wake up, auto screen on feature.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
As I explained to eug, the lock screen is more involved now, so you might not want to open the phone straight away, one tsp to see the alerts and maybe reply to them, and second press if you just want to go into the phone still.

Seems logical to me, especially if you've got a 6 and don't have support for the wake up, auto screen on feature.

But even with that setting turned on, if I quickly press the home button then Take my finger off it doesn't unlock anyway. So it is pointless?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Seriously guys! Mine is no different than before. No double tapping for me. Hold and open! Simple.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah how else would I get in? lol

Is this for people with touch ID switched off?

yes i think...

touch id activated it works as it should, raise to wake it or press the home or lock button to wake. if you touch the home button to let yourself in without activating the option mentioned above then you wont get in without pressing the button.

currently my phone wakes when i raise it and i just rest my finger on the home button and im in.

without touch Id you need to double click afaik once to wake the phone and again to let you in (replaces the old swipe)

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
IOS 10 broken anyones iPads ability to connect to Wifi? Mine (iPad Air) won't connect after updating to IOS10.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR

So far the only thing I've used it for (once or twice) is swiping left to see the weather... saves about a second I suppose. I actually think it's worse in some ways, because you cannot delete emails from notifications on the lock screen anymore which is actually very frustrating because I did that a lot.

On another note, I'm sure I remember reading that the stock light app was going to let you change the intensity in iOS 10? Doesn't seem to be anyway to do it though. Not a problem, as I use a third party app for that but I like to stick to stock where I can!

dk

911 GTS Cab
yes i think...

touch id activated it works as it should, raise to wake it or press the home or lock button to wake. if you touch the home button to let yourself in without activating the option mentioned above then you wont get in without pressing the button.

currently my phone wakes when i raise it and i just rest my finger on the home button and im in.

without touch Id you need to double click afaik once to wake the phone and again to let you in (replaces the old swipe)
see theres more confusion here, as there are different functions for 6 and 6s too because of the raise to wake function!

Lets forget about people without fingerprint though for a moment......

I think more confusion is that it does depend on how long the phone has been to sleep as to what happens when you touch the sensor and whether it lets you in first time or not.

If you press the sensor twice in succession on mine then apply pay comes up......

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
im using nearly everything in lock screen.

unless im going into the phone to do something (watch youtube/browse facebook etc.) i can do most things from just swiping

pretty sure you can delete email notifications, just click on it and theres an x in the corner.

worsk really easy on a 6s with 3d touch - no idea what its liek on a lower phone.

typical apple forcing upgrades on older phone owners though (@MicKPM ;) )

Honda. Tesla Someday
Lots of EE, o2 and Vodafone orders that were "guaranteed" to arrive for launch day have been delayed by "at least 4 days!"
People are furious (including me seeing as EE told me it was due for delivery today then all of a sudden its vanished?!)

Naturally, I made a video about it - enjoy!!

Ocrlew

ClioSport Club Member
Got my one

Attachments

• IMG_6977.JPG
    IMG_6977.JPG
    24.6 KB · Views: 73

Lou

i ordered one at 5 mins past the onsale preorder and its coming in 2 weeks 😧

Yep. 8:04 mine said. 26/9/16. Lol

Yep I did. My original delivery date was 27th-29th but changed to 20th-22nd the other day.
I read on another forum that if you go back into your Apple account and add your county to your delivery address it bumps your delivery date up for some reason (didn't work for everyone that tried it though)

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
It's somewhat telling that there's no queues outside the stores this time.

That being said, the weather is horrific.

That's likely to be because Apple have already said they have none for walk in customers other than gold, silver and rose gold 7's. No pluses and nothing in black.