ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 7

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Yes because they're going to charge that sort of money for something they normally include with an IPhone.

Be realistic, they won't be the same as a free pair of headphones
If that's the actual design, going to be difficult to get great sound with such an open design.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Does anyone actually use a plus for their everyday phone? It just seems massive?! How do you get it in your pocket on nights out etc?

I've had 2 Pluses now (6 and 6S) - I don't think I could go back to a regular sized iPhone! So much easier to type etc. Also, it fits in a pocket just fine, there's no issue.

Cup In bits
On the apple ear bud front.... For your standard persons ear they're not!! I would imagine you need a lug like a used candle to get them comfy, design over function gone mad there.

I'll be staying on my 6 for the time being, I hope. Ask me that with a 7 in my hand it might change.

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I guess I can live with using an adapter for better headphones, but what I can't do without is listening through headphones AND charging (my nightly ritual).
Have I missed an adapter that allows both?? (apart from wireless headphones)

SQ5
On the apple ear bud front.... For your standard persons ear they're not!! I would imagine you need a lug like a used candle to get them comfy, design over function gone mad there.

I'll be staying on my 6 for the time being, I hope. Ask me that with a 7 in my hand it might change.

They're comfortable in my right ear, never my left!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Big is beautiful.

My Nexus 6P and my wife's 6 plus fit in any of my pockets just fine. If you're a petite skinny jean wearing m*****f***** then you might struggle a little with the size, granted, but as above I couldn't go back to anything less now.

I'm liking the love for a black phone...like that's never been done before!

Interesting also that Brexit and the pound weakening has hammered the UK prices - according to R4 this morning US $ prices have not increased for the size/spec 6 vs 7, but in the UK, the 6 that was £539 has become a 7 at £599. Ouch.

My missus wants one. She can f*** right off. She already has a 6 plus. Be happy.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Big is beautiful.

My Nexus 6P and my wife's 6 plus fit in any of my pockets just fine. If you're a petite skinny jean wearing m*****f***** then you might struggle a little with the size, granted, but as above I couldn't go back to anything less now.

I'm liking the love for a black phone...like that's never been done before!

Interesting also that Brexit and the pound weakening has hammered the UK prices - according to R4 this morning US $ prices have not increased for the size/spec 6 vs 7, but in the UK, the 6 that was £539 has become a 7 at £599. Ouch.

My missus wants one. She can f*** right off. She already has a 6 plus. Be happy.

I doubt "Brexit" has anything to do with it, they just know we will pay without kicking up a fuss like the Americans.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I'm sticking with my 6, pointless upgrading especially when you consider what's supposedly on the horizon for next year.

Tempted by the watch 2 though. I'm just unsure if I'll look like a prick wearing one lol.

Euan94

ClioSport Club Member
  Volvo C30
If that's the actual design, going to be difficult to get great sound with such an open design.
I'm happy to admit I don't know anything about good design for headphones! But I have faith that they won't charge for something that's not at least significantly upgraded.

I know they like to charge a lot sometimes but Apple generally get stuff right.

I am also stiicking with my current handset (Samsung S7) as I belivee on paper anyway its as good, if not already better than the iPhone 7 and it doesnt really offer anything more right now. However, I await the iphone 8 next year so see if I swap back to apple.

This misses has the iPhone 6 (not the s) and she can renew this month so will more than likely get the 7 in matte black. I can test them side by side when she gets one - if anyone cares lol.

The fact is that you can get some really decent bluetooth headphones these days for £30 - and I know people with argue about the 'quality' but the taotronics ones I got from ebay are pretty damn good!

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
I'm due an upgrade as it Lisa. She's going to order one so I'll have a perv then.
Just to echo everyone else, I'd be looking at a plus. When I got my note 4 everyone thought it was huge including me. Within days it became "normal" and now doesn't seem remotely big.

Who told you that? The website certainly doesn't agree although it is US.

Apple recommends using a case with the Jet Black iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus to protect them from scratches. "If you are concerned about this, we suggest you use one of the many cases available to protect your iPhone," the company adds.

Notably, the new Jet Black variants of the iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus will be only available in 128GB and 256GB storage models while other colours Gold, Silver, and Rose Gold, seen earlier as well, as well as the new 'Black' variant will come with the 32GB storage option as well.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Due an upgrade? Pfff I rock sim only so can upgrade when I want.

I'll be sticking with my 6 thanks.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Tempted by a 128GB 7.

I'll then use my 6S for work and flog my 5S.

I can get £30 off retail, which is neither here nor there really in the grand scheme.

I will have a look at the finance options, but it seems a bit pricey compared to just banging it on a 0% card. Although you do get AppleCare+

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member

Picture is from the Apple store my friend, they actually do look like a lego golf club!

Be realistic, they won't be the same as a free pair of headphones

Be realistic, Apple havn't got a f**king clue how to make decent headphones.
Even worse, they went about bought 'Beats' so now there's a good chance everything will be s**t, distorted and ridiculously bass heavy.

But I guess it's ok, because they stuck and extra speaker in the handset.
Now you can look like a 12 year old bus wanker with your shiny new phone, who doesn't want that eh????

I guess I can live with using an adapter for better headphones, but what I can't do without is listening through headphones AND charging (my nightly ritual).
Have I missed an adapter that allows both?? (apart from wireless headphones)

No, Apple have intertionally made the adapter clunky and horrible to persuade people not to use it.

lightning-35mm-adapter.jpg

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I'll use my Bose QC's and the adapter when travelling and wait for Senheiser to release their wireless version of the CX300's that are compatible.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Why does it have that small little wire for the adpater?
Why can't it just be like the 30 pin-lightning?

Why remove it in the first place?
I've still not heard one decent argument as to why it's a good idea.

Even money says next years model brings it back, with Apple saying "It's what our users want" 😂

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Why remove it in the first place?
I've still not heard one decent argument as to why it's a good idea.

Even money says next years model brings it back, with Apple saying "It's what our users want" 😂

For the same reason floppy disks, CDs, SCART cables, VHS etc etc were dropped. Technological advances meant they became redundant. Others will follow eventually. Apple will get bashed for doing it though because it's cool. Meh.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Ive just taken out a sim only deal, with the option to upgrade. Due to losing the headphone socket i'm going to stick with my £15 per month bill and iphone 6.

Surely changing something for 'technological advances' is only an argument if it actually improves it? I dont see how a 5hr life headphones improves something. I struggle to make sure i've remembered my headphones, let alone remember that theyre charged!

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
You still get the Lightning wired headphones as standard I think.

It's all about making the phone thinner, I guess they have done it now so people won't complain on the next iPhone which will probably be a complete redesign.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
For the same reason floppy disks, CDs, SCART cables, VHS etc etc were dropped. Technological advances meant they became redundant.

They were only dropped when something significantly better came along, the current options just aren't significantly better.

You still get the Lightning wired headphones as standard I think.

but then you loose access to the charging port and are forced to pay a significant premium if you want to upgrade over the toss standard headphones.

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
I moved to wireless headphones recently. Good quality ones but the wireless option is cracking.

Sure im on Android but work perfectly.

I like the new announcements from apple, welcome it, but the headphones look poor i think. Sound quality wont be top notch.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I'm sure the GBP vs USD rate has a lot to do with it and that was very much as a result of Brexit.

Yeah your right there.

Still I bet they don't lower the price if Trump gets elected and the dollar takes a hit.

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I think people would rather shout and stamp their feet...

But the standard headphones were fine. £10 a pop or whatever. Now you're forced to spend quite a hefty sum, be it Apple or not, for something completely unnecessary.