ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone 7

Yeah but you dont get to keep the phone at the end? So you cant offset the price you get at the end of the contract against the cost of the contract..

You do if you keep it and pay it off (2 years in total).

You just have the option to chop it in after 12 months and get the new one, and start payments again.

DB.

BMW 440i
I've currently got a 6 and strongly debating getting the 7.

All this talk of 'the major update' coming next year is making me think I should wait, but I don't want to wait if next year is simply a '7s'.

Also contemplating going from the normal size to the plus. Argh too much thinking to be done to decide whether or not to pre-order in the morning!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
There is no way on earth next year will be an 's', thats why this year seems such a minimal update from the 6/6s, next year will be a complete redesign for the ten year anniversary.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
What will they do? I'm genuinely intrigued! Surely they've just about run out of ideas now?

Although it doesn't seem as though the Apple stalwarts have lost any appetite for Apple newness. Black phone OMGZ!!!
I was about to type the first line of your post.

What exactly are they going to release? Bare in mind the year after will be BAU and they'll have to improve upon this "10 year anniversary in the making" phone again.

Wireless charging? Proper waterproof? Curved screen?

Hasn't it all been done by now.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Indeed. Absolutely dog s**t deal. Apple are just counting on people going "Uhhhh £819 is a lot more than £46 a month, I'll pay monthly". Believe it or not, they're not trying to give them away :smile:

I might still get one.. Can't decide. £819 feels like a lot for a phone.
I'm confused by this, how is offering to pay off an iPhone with interest free dogshit?

You can either buy the phone itself over 20 payments and it costs you exactly the same as the price of the phone, or add on applecare+ and spread that over the 20 months too?

Then if you go with the apple care version you can also choose to trade in after a year, so you're effectively renting it then and only paying half the cost of a new iPhone to keep it a year, i doubt a year old iPhone these days is worth much more than 50% of its value once the new phone is released.

I think its a great deal, the phones are getting quite expensive, so they're giving you interest free payments, well done them!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Phone looks really nice. Lack of headphone jack is annoying, be interesting to see how the adaptor works.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I'm confused by this, how is offering to pay off an iPhone with interest free dogshit?

You can either buy the phone itself over 20 payments and it costs you exactly the same as the price of the phone, or add on applecare+ and spread that over the 20 months too?

Then if you go with the apple care version you can also choose to trade in after a year, so you're effectively renting it then and only paying half the cost of a new iPhone to keep it a year, i doubt a year old iPhone these days is worth much more than 50% of its value once the new phone is released.

I think its a great deal, the phones are getting quite expensive, so they're giving you interest free payments, well done them!

Is it half of the cost though?

My buddy was telling me figures last night and it was for the £800 phone, and it'd cost nearly £500 to have it for a year, only to trade it in- keep paying, but get the new one instead.

You would easily sell a year old iPhone 7 for over £300. Maybe dog s**t was a bit extreme, but it's not a great deal IMO.

dk

911 GTS Cab
either her hands are small or that plus is f**king massive!

I really want the plus, but i have a feeling it might be just too big for trouser pockets :(

In other news, looking at what my 2 yr old 6 128gb is worth, £265 is pretty good from a £700 price tag.

Looking at a 2 yr old samsung galaxy S5 though, its only worth about £50-65 lol, and thats with a £580 price tag, thats a big loss, even a 1 year old galaxy S5 edge+ which went for £680-820 is only worth £250! One thing you can say about apple, they might be expensive to buy (samsung aren't exactly cheap these days) but they hold their value well!

dk

911 GTS Cab
Is it half of the cost though?

My buddy was telling me figures last night and it was for the £800 phone, and it'd cost nearly £500 to have it for a year, only to trade it in- keep paying, but get the new one instead.

You would easily sell a year old iPhone 7 for over £300. Maybe dog s**t was a bit extreme, but it's not a great deal IMO.
but if you want to pay off an iPhone over 2 years (most peoples phone replacement cycle these days) then they are offering interest free!

then if you change your mind you can chop it in and get a new one, or you could carry on paying the payments if you wished and still sell it to mazuma and buy a new one if it saved you money, you still havent paid any more for the original phone as its interest free!

Its a win win really.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
but if you want to pay off an iPhone over 2 years (most peoples phone replacement cycle these days) then they are offering interest free!

then if you change your mind you can chop it in and get a new one, or you could carry on paying the payments if you wished and still sell it to mazuma and buy a new one if it saved you money, you still havent paid any more for the original phone as its interest free!

Its a win win really.
Can you switch between the interest free purchase and iPhone rental option then ??

DB.

BMW 440i
Decided - going to hold fire and keep my 6 for longer. First time I've kept an iPhone longer than 2 years, always been 1 or 2 years. Hoping next year will be a new shape or some more visual changes! I need a half way point between the normal and plus!

Wireless charging has got to be on the horizon.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Decided - going to hold fire and keep my 6 for longer. First time I've kept an iPhone longer than 2 years, always been 1 or 2 years. Hoping next year will be a new shape or some more visual changes! I need a half way point between the normal and plus!

Wireless charging has got to be on the horizon.
Why would you want wireless charging?

I was thinking about this at length the other day. The only thing wireless charging does for a phone is make the charging process worse:

So you're in bed, put your phone on it's charging pad, a text arrives. You pick up the phone, it stops charging? Surely with a cable, at least whilst it's charging you can still use the f**king thing?

DB.

BMW 440i
Why would you want wireless charging?

I was thinking about this at length the other day. The only thing wireless charging does for a phone is make the charging process worse:

So you're in bed, put your phone on it's charging pad, a text arrives. You pick up the phone, it stops charging? Surely with a cable, at least whilst it's charging you can still use the f**king thing?

I just like the idea of being able to put it on to a little port or something to charge and not faff around with a wire.

The only downside would be the fact I like to play on it for the first 15 mins before I get out of bed and keep it on charge so it's at 100%.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Can you switch between the interest free purchase and iPhone rental option then ??
there are two options, with or without applecare, both are interest free, if you want the free upgrade after a year you need the one with apple care, you can pay off the loan at any point though with barclays if you wanted to sell your phone for more and upgrade yourself.

there really isn't a catch other than to get the free upgrade you need to have applecare.

SQ5
I will also be keeping for the first time after 2 years, my 6 still looks brand new, performs well, battery life is somewhat shorter but failing that it does everything I want from a phone.

6 is the new 3GS/4 at that point that was all I needed! I reckon I can hold another year

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I will also be keeping for the first time after 2 years, my 6 still looks brand new, performs well, battery life is somewhat shorter but failing that it does everything I want from a phone.

6 is the new 3GS/4 at that point that was all I needed! I reckon I can hold another year
Same!
I'm on an insurance replacement so my battery should last me another year.

SQ5
Same!
I'm on an insurance replacement so my battery should last me another year.

My missus smashed her 6 the day before our wedding (19/08) and two days before we went away, she was gutted we had to get her a 6S knowing this was coming out, hoping when we are back that insurance will do something for us

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
I was about to type the first line of your post.

What exactly are they going to release? Bare in mind the year after will be BAU and they'll have to improve upon this "10 year anniversary in the making" phone again.

Wireless charging? Proper waterproof? Curved screen?

Hasn't it all been done by now.

Well if you believe what people say online it will be an all glass design with a retinal scanner.

Herr Flick

aka Herman Ze German
Ordered mine but says 26th September delivery for the matt black. Gold seems to be next week and piano even worse.. I wanted it next week FFS.
Seems the little one is next week but big one is week after that.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Ordered mine but says 26th September delivery for the matt black. Gold seems to be next week and piano even worse.. I wanted it next week FFS.
Seems the little one is next week but big one is week after that.
Can probably get it next week for a premium on ebay.....

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I can't think of many things more pointless than a retinal scanner on a phone
The Note has an iris scanner, I was expecting it to be a total gimmick, but it works REALLY well and was my favourite way to unlock the phone. Only annoying thing is it didn't work instantly everytime, which was annoying because you'd get used to it being instant- and then get annoyed the times it had a mare.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Just ordered a 7 Plus for the Mrs with no issues through Vodafone! It won't let me see the bundles for the 7 though.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Ordered a Black 7 plus 128gb with Vodafone, no problems. Due for delivery next Friday (actually I've ordered 2 by accident)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
I guess it's so they can get rid of the home button.
Be interesting if they can. I know how difficult retinal photos are to take, and that's using a head rest that keeps people perfectly still.

Still pointless mind. Fingerprint is the most secure and convenient method. Having to position your phone correctly in front of the eyes to unlock every time would be a royal pita

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
The Note has an iris scanner, I was expecting it to be a total gimmick, but it works REALLY well and was my favourite way to unlock the phone. Only annoying thing is it didn't work instantly everytime, which was annoying because you'd get used to it being instant- and then get annoyed the times it had a mare.
I don't get it personally. Fingerprint means that by the time the phone is out of my pocket, it's already unlocked.

Looking for solutions to a problem that doesn't exist imo. Mobiles have hit a point where real innovation is rare. Now it's a case of wowwow, look at the impressive (albeit totally pointless) s**t we cdo! do