ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone cancelling contract? am i aloud...?

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Thinking of getting rid of the iphone(o2) purely because the signal is ridiculous and its getting worse.

For the past couple of months iv been struggling to get a good signal at home and everywhere else, txts seem to take ages to come through yet some come instantly, but the fact i have to phone home about 4/5 times a day just to clear the signal to let the txts come through is ridiculous. I was waiting for a important txt to come through last night which didnt till this morning, the txt itself was sent at 8:04pm on the 23rd July, but takes over 15hours to reach me, when the phone has been in signal in that time, its pathetic.

So am i allowed to cancel the contract and give them the contract back? or am i stuck with this shitty reception till the contract finishes?

172 Cup
Phoned O2 and asked them?

(Not taking the piss but that seems like the sensible route to take)

was sent at 8:04pm on the 23rd July, but takes over 15hours to reach me, when the phone has been in signal in that time, its pathetic.

Sounds like its purged on the network, and not neccessarily a signal issue. Id give them a call, so they can check on the network why texts arent coming through.

As above as well

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Phoned O2 and asked them?

(Not taking the piss but that seems like the sensible route to take)

Sorry have tried but their closed, il give them a bell tomorrow,

But ye signal is not on, sister can walk around the house on her mobile and get signal, i have to keep it in one position by the front window and struggle to get 1 bar, and if i move it a slight touch it goes, i just cant live with that tbh,

Sounds like its purged on the network, and not neccessarily a signal issue. Id give them a call, so they can check on the network why texts arent coming through.

As above as well

Thing is Ben, it happens constantly, and not a sudden thing, one minute i can be spot on, next nothing, 3g is turned off because i dont need it as i struggle to get normal reception so whats the chance of 3g,

Heard that phones 4 U will buy your old contract if you take a contract out with them, not sure if this is 100% true, but il look into it, as Vodafone would be better due to the Sure signal they have,

AK

M240i
Sorry have tried but their closed, il give them a bell tomorrow,

But ye signal is not on, sister can walk around the house on her mobile and get signal, i have to keep it in one position by the front window and struggle to get 1 bar, and if i move it a slight touch it goes, i just cant live with that tbh,

Thing is Ben, it happens constantly, and not a sudden thing, one minute i can be spot on, next nothing, 3g is turned off because i dont need it as i struggle to get normal reception so whats the chance of 3g,

Heard that phones 4 U will buy your old contract if you take a contract out with them, not sure if this is 100% true, but il look into it, as Vodafone would be better due to the Sure signal they have,

Phones 4 U will... they gave me £200, but the more they give you 'worse' a new phone they offer you...

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Gave you £200 for your old contract? i just want them to finish mine, and il take a new one out with them tbh, even if i keep the same phone i dont mind just the provider i want to change from,

Astra 1.9Cdti SRi
Get your iPhone officially unlocked by o2 first..

What network's your sister on?

Il put in a request now,

Shes on Orange, but i want vodafone, purely because the Vodafone Sure Signal, which means il get signal when im on the pan etc, haha,

A3 Tdi
I had the same problem for 18months with t-mobile. The only place at home I could get signal was by the kitchen window. If I moved it off the window sill I had nothing. They wouldn't let me cancel, nor would they help me attal. All I ever got was a generic response of "I am sorry you are experiencing this sir, at t-mobile we are always trying to improve our reception". I wouldn't hold your breath to much.