ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Contacts & Backing up.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Hi guys me again,

Reeto, im gonna be going to the traford centre tonight to see if i can get a new unit as theres actually quite a few hairline cracks in the back that originaly thought. Anyway is there a way i can "back up" my contacts on to iTunes or something?

Any help is appreciated Thanks.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I use Google Sync on my iPhone which means my contacts are always backed up and editable via my Gmail account online. Also has the added benefit that as soon as you configure your Gmail account on your new iPhone all your contacts instantly appear.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
as in mobile numbers? not email addresses? as ive been messing with my phone n its confusing me.

Bus w**ker
I thought the normal sync/backup that iTunes does each time you connect your phone backed up contacts...and well pretty much everything?

Combo
I thought the normal sync/backup that iTunes does each time you connect your phone backed up contacts...and well pretty much everything?

Yeah this happens.

When I got my new iPhone from Apple, I just plugged my new on into my computer and it put everything back on it for you.

Just make sure you sync your old one before changing phones so you'll have all your up to date information sync'd over.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
thats what im doing now but i dont trust technology lol thus (maybe) now double backing up.

Although iTunes knows a different phone so it wont put everything on my new one will it?

iTunes will give you the option to setup as a new phone, or restore another iPhone. Mobile Me? Sync contacts with Outlook? Just sync it with iTunes and be done. Short of writing everything down, you're going to have to trust technology.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Have you never synced your iPhone with iTunes?

Just make sure to check all the boxes, so it backs up everything.

Citroen DS3 DSport
as in mobile numbers? not email addresses? as ive been messing with my phone n its confusing me.

Yes mobile numbers and email addresses for each contact. Basically it stores all your contact data from your iPhone on your Gmail contacts list.

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
Have you never synced your iPhone with iTunes?

Just make sure to check all the boxes, so it backs up everything.

Yea course, but didnt think it actually backs your mobile numbers up. I just thought it backed your music, apps, pics and settings. Well anyway ive got an appointment tomorrow about the phone.

Rowan - Mortgage Expert

ClioSport Trader
  Audi SQ5
I've had my iPhone replaced a few times and when you plug the new one in, as people have said, it asks if you want to start afresh or use a previous back up. Use a previous back up and everything will go onto the new handset.