ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone from hell!

Oil Burner
Could somebody confirm something for me,

On a new iphone, if you click mail (logo at bottom of home page), it launches a screen like this:

et_gmail_iphone_mail_1.jpg

Im now on my second phone in 1 day, as all these are doing is launching a white window that has a refresh button and an edit button, then closing after about 1 second.

Both handsets literally have not had anything else done to them.

Or am i doing something wrong?

Help, i feel like stamping on this phone.

Nick

You should get this..

If you go Settings > Mail > Add Account

Does it still do the same?

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 32
  Oil Burner
if i go to settings etc... then i get an add account page, but its got a longer list than the screen capture above.

im currently restoring the 2nd phone as per apple help-lines' suggestion,im not holding my breathe.

Have to say the apple people are pretty decent so far, shame they dont know the fault/solution.

The guy promised me it wouldnt be an issue with a batch of phones..... we will see lol. He seemed quite insulted that i suggested there might be a faulty batch.

Oil Burner
that was on google images, i cant access my mail on my phone yet alone screen print lol.

I seem to have sorted it by not syncing with all applications, so something on my mac is fecking over my phone. great....

Thanks for help revels.

I'm guessing that's just a random screen shot he found..

*edit*

So is this a new 3GS that you've just got? and you're backing up from a previous iPhone?

Oil Burner
My father uses blackberrys and also runs a fair few in his dept. at work and the OS on them seems just as glitchy as any.

Blackberrys also fell off the top branch of the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down before landing in a pile of cheap plastic and tiny buttons.

At least there is little that can fall off the iphone lol

The phone is up and running now, talk about a battle though, more to do with it not liking our wireless security for some reason. Also Entourage was causing the phone to kill off its built in mail when sync'd with it. Who knows why, but it all works now. V happy.