ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone - how great?

6/468 17poo
the phone is the bomb so much more than a phone in big cities you get wifi everywhere just get it no questions!

Not a Clio
got mine on monday, and cant believe how ive lasted so long without 1. got most of apples free app's. gonna have a good search for some new ones soon.

jailbreak FTW!!!

I'm not jailbreaking mine. It invalidates the apple warranty and knowing my luck I'd end up needing to use that warranty.

Citroen DS3 DSport
I'm not jailbreaking mine. It invalidates the apple warranty and knowing my luck I'd end up needing to use that warranty.

If you restore it in iTunes they'll never know. I've had to exchange a 2G and 3G handset over the past 14 months and both have been jailbroken at some point or other.

BG 182
^^^ thats what i heard. i had my first freeze experiance the other day!!

i didnt have a chioce as mine was on o2 pay and go but im using it on my orange contract with unlimited net

Lewis, Unlimited net? Is that 3G? How much?

If you restore it in iTunes they'll never know. I've had to exchange a 2G and 3G handset over the past 14 months and both have been jailbroken at some point or other.

As Sneeks said. I broke mine with various software things I did to it and Apple replaced it FOC.

TBH the 02 packages don't impress me. I'd want unlimited texts or at least a large balance to take calls and texts from inclusive. The unlimited 3G data is good though. I only really use mine on Wi-Fi at the moment, but it would be good to know I can pick up my emails and spam Cliosport in the queue at Sainsburys.

BMW E46 330i Touring
I'll have to stick with my shitty SE W910i for another 6 months before moving to iPhone-land. I've looked around at other options which I could get through Orange which would mean I could upgrade sooner, but nothing comes close.

What's happened to the Nokia 'tube'? I think it should be out now as an actual model... supposedly an iPhone killer?

What's happened to the Nokia 'tube'? I think it should be out now as an actual model... supposedly an iPhone killer?

Another one?!?!
Every single Nokia has been an iPhone killer.. infact, every phone is an iPhone killer apparently.

None are.. they all suck. ;)

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Truely a fantastic phone internet where ever you are whenever you want it FTW

106 GTi
Camera is dogshite in any light IMO, or maybe I have just had two crap examples - bloody good phone though

SLK 350
I actually find it's OK, providing you have a good light source, and you move it around to capture the best contrast it's able to gather. There are some decent apps for the camera though which do increase the control you have over it, and post-process.

The only real thing is lacks camera wise for me if an LED flash.

C63 AMG, F430 & 172
I find the cam ok,
You would have to be Scottish to ignore all the other features over the spec of the cam

Ps just wrote this on mine whilst sat in tesco carpark!

Audi A4 1.8T Sport
Not only am I typing this on it but I have just been watching chucklevision via BBC iplayer. What more could you want?

to be able to do more than one thing at once? 14.5Mb Broadband connection via dail up (oh wow, they just found 3G!) HSDPA FTW. the ability to install any apps than i make. i could go on... but look here instead.

i am on my HTC Touch Diamond, writing in Opera, with Media Player playing some music, another couple of tabs open (one being iPlayer) and a game in the background too.

Windows = WIN

Apple = ok unless u actually want to use it

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
to be able to do more than one thing at once? 14.5Mb Broadband connection via dail up (oh wow, they just found 3G!) HSDPA FTW. the ability to install any apps than i make. i could go on... but look here instead.

i am on my HTC Touch Diamond, writing in Opera, with Media Player playing some music, another couple of tabs open (one being iPlayer) and a game in the background too.

Windows = WIN

I bet thats running slow as s**t, my old one used to after a few weeks of use without anything running in the background. You can listen to the built in iPod whilst doing anything on the iphone, i don't see the point in being able to have iplayer a game and a browser open at the same time as a human is only physically capable of using one at a time so its just a pointless waste of un-nessecary memory.

Lol at thats list, its out dated, half the points are not valid anymore and the other half are pisstakes, but then it is written by 'Ali Hussain' what more can you expect. The fact that somebodys bothered to sit down as comprise that list indicates the success of the iphone in itself.

p.s. I do not own an iphone and am not an apple fanboy.;)

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Windows = WIN

Idiot.

The iphone has HSDPA. Where the hell did you get 14.5mb from?? (You wouldnt get 14.5 in hardly any area)
And as for multitasking, when exactly did we learn to play games and webbrowse with the same interface at the same time?

Stupid comments FTL.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.

Windows = WIN

But you'd still be using windows mobile, which is quite frankly, and I'm being polite here, shite.

I also have the ability to install any applications that I make on my non-jailbroken iPhone too and Apples iPhone/iPod touch develepment tools absolutely kill every other mobile platform tool I've ever had the misfortune of developing on. (.NET for mobile devices, can you say "slow" - .NET runs badly enough on a decent spec desktop!)

Apple have with their first iteration of a device completely blown away all competition...and the great thing is, it's not even perfect yet......

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Re Multitasking;

Your situation

My situation
i am on my iphone writing in safari with iPod playing some music with some other tabs open (one being iplayer) a game is not running in the background because i dont need it to be. When it want to play it i close safari and run the game (The iphone then dedicates its full power to that game)

See the difference?

Your phone is running several apps needlessly, Mine isnt.

7397.jpg
= Fail

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Multi tasking is fine when you can do it (Two monitor PC/Mac for example or just any PC/Mac tbh)
But with mobiles you can only really do one thing at a time (Apart from See and Hear)

The bluetooth implementation is poor on the iPhone as is the camera. Overall package however is impossible to beat.

Its not that bad anyway. People just use it as a reason for bitching about it. Chances are theyve never used one just being sheep.

Ive never taken a pic on my phone that id like blown up and put on canvas or anything.

Its usually "Look at <insert name>, being drunk/gay/with a minger" this then is MMS'd or emailed. It takes quick snaps which look fine on a phone IMO.

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
Oh yeh, in the dark you might as well just give up all hope.

LED flash will be on the next generation for sure, also a 2mp decent camera lense is better than a 5mp s**t one. MMS app is avaliable now without jailbreaking, its not proper MMS yet but it wont be long.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
LED flash will be on the next generation for sure, also a 2mp decent camera lense is better than a 5mp s**t one. MMS app is avaliable now without jailbreaking, its not proper MMS yet but it wont be long.

A proper MMS application requires apple to write it which up until now they've had no interest in doing, barring rumours here and there it's unlikely unless they bow to "customer demand" that we'll see mms.

Revels Mum & Sister
Idiot.

The iphone has HSDPA. Where the hell did you get 14.5mb from?? (You wouldnt get 14.5 in hardly any area)
And as for multitasking, when exactly did we learn to play games and webbrowse with the same interface at the same time?

Stupid comments FTL.

LOL knows it! With mast loading doubt you would get anywhere near 7 tbh!

I must admit I sold my iPhone as I did not get on with it. I didnt use most its features and ones I did the Blackberry (For me!) does way better! Great device though certainly better than a HTC

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
No, its coming.

Needs push notification, then its ready.

I assume we're talking about that iphonemms.net application?

That's not a technically a full implementation since the push notification service can only push badges, your inbound notification would be limited to a "bong sound" and an icon badge updating on the screen - you'd then run the app which would connect over the data network to download the MMS from o2's website - which is less desirable than the always on screen "SMS received" message.

Still, I suppose something is better than nothing!

SLK 350
LOL knows it! With mast loading doubt you would get anywhere near 7 tbh!

I must admit I sold my iPhone as I did not get on with it. I didnt use most its features and ones I did the Blackberry (For me!) does way better! Great device though certainly better than a HTC

Not sure where people are getting their figures from, but last time I checked (Novemberish) O2 3G service was capped at 1.8Mbps.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I assume we're talking about that iphonemms.net application?

That's not a technically a full implementation since the push notification service can only push badges, your inbound notification would be limited to a "bong sound" and an icon badge updating on the screen - you'd then run the app which would connect over the data network to download the MMS from o2's website - which is less desirable than the always on screen "SMS received" message.

Still, I suppose something is better than nothing!

Nope. I'm talking about the solution being designed for operators.
http://www2.mobispine.com/press/readpress.dot?inode=4568

mmm my contract ends soon...hadnt really thought about the iphone, its just never appealed to me

might have to look into it