ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone insurance

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Anyone got any suggestions on who to insure an iPhone 4 with?

I've looked at "Protect your bubble", "Insurance2go" etc.

"I2G" have fairly good prices if you pay in a lump sum.

Anyone ever claimed and had problems or are they good to deal with?

Any companies to avoid altogether?

Nice one.

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
Or house insurance, ours covers my iphone 4 if lost or stolen when out and about, even abroad too. Also it's a pay out and not a refurbed unit which is nice.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Or house insurance, ours covers my iphone 4 if lost or stolen when out and about, even abroad too. Also it's a pay out and not a refurbed unit which is nice.

I live in Manchester now but my phones inc the 4 are registered (bills go to) my parents house, do you think its worth checking that?

330i, Alfa 147 & SP1
dont use fonesafe, or your house insurance

RBS have covered my phone just as well as o2 insure have. Also to add this covers calls made from the handset before being blocked.

Worth checking with the policy I'd say, I called RBS and added it on as part of the cover and went through it with them on phone and then went through small print T&C's when they arrived.

Mondeo ST220
HSBC do have phone cover with some account services but it's far from ideal with iPhones. I've ended up going with Protectyourbubble, £6.99 a month and covers everything including accidental damage.

Fiesta ST-3
Natwest Advantage gold. £12.95 a month.

Main benefits

Iphone/mobile insurance (theft, accidental damage, loss)
World Wide travel insurance
Green flag breakdown cover
Extended warranty on household items
etc etc.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
I have heard that the home insurance can sometimes be a royal pain in the ass as they sometimes only give you the money you paid out for the phone which in most cases is £0 or say sub £100 as you are on a contract.

This is with a Platinum Account, £15 a month all singing and dancing insurance. But because it wasn't claimed within 48 hours they declined it.

Fiesta ST-3
This is with a Platinum Account, £15 a month all singing and dancing insurance. But because it wasn't claimed within 48 hours they declined it.

Yea school boy. It will be in the terms and conditions mate. But for future reference if they ask say you just did it.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Mine's on my home insurance, cost an extra £15 over the year iirc.

Orange wanted £12 a month.

Tesla MP3 2021
I have just gone with Insurance 2 Go on their premium iP4 cover which is £6.99 per month. You can pay upfront and save £18.89 for the anual cover.

http://www.insurance2go.co.uk/iphone-insurance

They appear to be one of a few that offer a replacement, new device not a refurb, which is pretty rare tbh. Even Protect My Bubble is a refurb I think.

I have read quite a few reviews online and they do seem very good and deliver what they say!!!

I did previously sign up to a Natwest Gold Account (from and Advantage Blue) only to read that their iP4 cover is pretty much dog s**t.

They wont replace as new or provide a quality refurb, god knows what you would get back. I think you can choose to settle for cash value of a refurb, but then its not like you can go to Apple and buy a new one!!!!

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
I went for I2G too mate.

Full cover paid up front. Covers everything!

Dropped the fucker twice already an the speck HD has saved it!