ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone iQuestion....

can google mail be used to forward e-mails from hotmail?? my izymail free time ran out and i don't fancy paying for the service.

Yeh that's what I did just make a googlemail then in hotmail change setting to forward to gmail

just set up a googlemail account however can't seem to find the area in hotmail to allow me to forward my e-mails to this new address.

can anyone help?

fiesta 1.25
yes go on options in the top right corner then under manage your account click on forward mail to... then add your google mail address

Black Gold 182 FF
You can't forward hotmail to googlemail, hotmail will not let you (well mine won't any way). I have not tried it but you might be able to arrange it so that it forwards to a pop account (like the one you get with your Internet service provider, you could add an extra address for this purpose or if you have a o2 account, your o2 email address) and then set the pop account to forward it again to googlemail :cool: Of course you have to keep track of what is forwarded to what and remember to log onto hotmail directly occasionally so your account does not lapse.

Could someone give me a brief walkthrough on how to use summerboard? Is there an actuall app you use, or do you just download the themes and put them in certain folders?

fiesta 1.25
You can't forward hotmail to googlemail, hotmail will not let you (well mine won't any way). I have not tried it but you might be able to arrange it so that it forwards to a pop account (like the one you get with your Internet service provider, you could add an extra address for this purpose or if you have a o2 account, your o2 email address) and then set the pop account to forward it again to googlemail :cool: Of course you have to keep track of what is forwarded to what and remember to log onto hotmail directly occasionally so your account does not lapse.

You can.

Black Gold 182 FF
Yes hence the "mine won't anyway" statement. The option in hotmail on mine will only allow redirections to "custom" and MSN type addresses, if I try googlemail it will not do it.

Black Gold 182 FF
This is what mine comes up with " You're only able to forward mail to a custom domain or an email that ends in ..... etc. Please try again"- if you know a way round it, give me a clue?:)

Black Gold 182 FF
Apparently Full Edge will not work on pay and go- only normal GPRS according to modmyiphone forum. I use o2 simplicity sim (1 month rolling contract £15 per month) and it works ok on that, I ended up switching off Edge anyway (big boss pref app) cos the data charges cost a fortune and the iphone has a habit of using data when you don't know about it and when you accidently press a web shortcut. There are plently of unsecured wifi routers about so usually pick up them for free instead. Use the £7.50 unlimited data bolt on if you wanna use Edge/GPRS.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
i have a o2 contract sim and it works on mine but one of the phones i sold a mate doesn't work.. the settings are identical and if i put my sim in his it works! Seems it just doesnt with pay and go.

also on modmyiphone

You can.

how do you get this to work mate?

Could someone give me a brief walkthrough on how to use summerboard? Is there an actuall app you use, or do you just download the themes and put them in certain folders?

Summerboard is an app.

Once youve downloaded it, you can change little bits and pieces, all downloaded themes go under a "Themes" option and then you can just change them as you wish.

You can download themes from the Installer or you can find ones online/your own and add them via SSH or the Mobile Viewer.

yes go on options in the top right corner then under manage your account click on forward mail to... then add your google mail address

hello mate,

when I do the above I get this message 'You're only able to forward mail to a custom domain or an e-mail address that ends in hotmail.com, msn.com, or live.com. Please try again.'

does this mean its a definate no no or is there a way around this?

thank you

fiesta 1.25
if summerboard doesnt work you will have to download a 1.1.3 patch thats what i did aqs for the mail i dunno mine just worked lol

SchwepTek™
The phone will be the same price roughly either way. It just depends if you want to spend a minimum of £35 a month on a contract or jailbrake one and use it on Pay&go or a sim-only contract.

You cant get iphones on contract at the moment though.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
everyone keeps saying that the new iphone is out soon, i bet it takes more than a month for it to start shipping... its all speculation atm... apple never give away what they are releasing... yes they have stopped selling them... that dont mean they are replacing it straight away...

however the second the new one is out i will be buying it lol... got my current one on release day so i shall go get the next on release too...

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
i asked in the shop the other day and they said it will be announced in june. be interesting to see what its like, would be tempted!

Citroen DS3 DSport
The 8gb model will more than likely be discontinued and the lowest spec should be 16gb with a 32gb model announced on June 9th. Not long to wait now and we can see what is true or not.

With the introduction of the App Store I think they will scrap the 8gb model.

some o2 stores have the 8gb left but very limited, they are going for well over 250 on ebay as well, sold 1 yesterday for 280.

the updated model coming in june are upgraded with 3g and other stuff but usa only tho, so wont see them in the stores for ages.

any1 after a 8gb sealed or unlocked, pm me i got 1 left

none, just walk
i quite fancy selling my n95 and my ipod touch and getting a iphone 8gb i think cos they are the cheapest. If i get one and download ziphone and is it just a case of putting my t mobile sim card in and its away to go?

Also i only use the phone mostly for texting and the odd call, will all this work on no problem on a unlocked iphone- or will i have to get the setting sent to the phone?

And finally- whats all this 3g lark about? my mate has a iphone on o2 and she said she cant get pics sent to it? is that what 3g is all about?

RB 182
i quite fancy selling my n95 and my ipod touch and getting a iphone 8gb i think cos they are the cheapest. If i get one and download ziphone and is it just a case of putting my t mobile sim card in and its away to go?

Also i only use the phone mostly for texting and the odd call, will all this work on no problem on a unlocked iphone- or will i have to get the setting sent to the phone?

And finally- whats all this 3g lark about? my mate has a iphone on o2 and she said she cant get pics sent to it? is that what 3g is all about?
8Gb iPhone is the way at the moment but are hard to come by now as the shops don't sell them anymore (expect Apple at full price). ZiPhone is fine to unlock and use your T-Mobile sim in it but make sure you have a decent package otherwise you'll spend loads on data.

All will work fine on the iPhone when it's been unlocked.

3G is a technology that lets you use a quicker connection for data. Your mate is right, the current iPhone by default doesn't have MMS.

The new iPhone with 3G and more is out in a few weeks time.

Lou

Little bit of info in Edinburgh's Evening News tonight:

Apple iPhone to ring up at £100 a time;

Apples efforts to boost its sales could see the companys next generation iPhone go on sale in the UK next month for about £100.
Analysts are expecting Apple to allow mobile phone operators to subsidise the touch-screen device.
Cutting the price and ending exclusivity will help Apple to meet its targets of selling ten million iPhones by the end of 2008.
Apple's Steve Jobs is expected to unveil the new phone in San Francisco on June 9th.
Analysts at UBS believe the new iPhone could be available in some parts of Europe for as little as £60!!

New iPhone anyone??

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
still dont see it being out any time soon, but i wonder if o2 will let current iphone customers upgrade cheap...

RB 182
A rumour from a source that isn't great says that it will be that sort of price but it's not going to have that much on it compared to the normal ones.

Would be better if it was more than one operator though.