ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iphone or Ipod Touch???? HELP!!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
Ive been looking to get an ipod touch for a while now so i can browse the net while im out...

Is it worth investing in an iphone instead as ive heard some really good reviews on it? Thing is though it'll be a sim free phone as i already have a contract, how will the internet/bowesing features work? Do i have to pay for monthly internet allowances???

Help

"Ive been looking to get an ipod touch for a while now so i can browse the net while im out...

SAD

Is it worth investing in an iphone instead as ive heard some really good reviews on it? YES Thing is though it'll be a sim free phone as i already have a contract, how will the internet/bowesing features work? Do i have to pay for monthly internet allowances??? YES IF YOU DONT ALREADY GET FREE INTERNET WITH THE TARIFF YOU HAVE NOW

Help"

Renaultsport Clio 197
With the 3G iPhone you can get internet anywhere and everywhere.

The iPod touch you have to have a wi-fi connection to access internet, i have a touch and they are a fantastic iPod.

Citroen DS3 DSport
Buy the iPhone or you'll forever be looking for a wifi connection when out and about if you want to browse the net using your Touch.

M135i
the only thing that puts me off with the iphone is lack of mms and you cant tether it up to your laptop and use it as a bluetooth/cabled up modem.

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
hmmmm i got offerd a deal from o2 today offering a re-consitioned phone for free and 600 mins 500 txts and ulimited net time £35 per month...... Is that good???

hmmmm i got offerd a deal from o2 today offering a re-consitioned phone for free and 600 mins 500 txts and ulimited net time £35 per month...... Is that good???

The contract is fixed.. so they're just giving you the reconditioned phone free (they'd normally charge you for the phone on the £35/mo contract)

8GB is normally free on the £45/mo contract. It's £99 on the £35/month contract.

Depends if you mind a refurbed phone or not.

I went for the £45/mo with free 8GB phone myself..

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
whats the 45 per month consist of?? The chick said the reconditioned phone is as new!

eves

ClioSport Club Member
  An old banger!
i suppose that 45 prob works out better really.....can you downgrade your contract after a few months if ure not using the minutes??

Depends if you mind a refurbed phone or not.

I went for the £45/mo with free 8GB phone myself..

What a w**k deal, I got 16GB £390 and pay 20 quid a month, 600 mins, 1000 texts and unlimited internet which works out at £750 all together

You've got 8GB and less tariff and pay ultimately £810

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
on a side note, jmarson, you need to take a bit of a chill pill. no need to be sooo direct on everything.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
daz,

is 3G quick? so if i am out an about and i need ot check something out on the internet, does it load quickly? or is it quite slow?

daz,

is 3G quick? so if i am out an about and i need ot check something out on the internet, does it load quickly? or is it quite slow?

Nah it's quick.
As quick as WiFi in some cases..

It can be really poor, but, most of the time, it's very very good.

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i think i will probably invest in jan/feb time once my contract is out.

i want a phone that i can do emails from and internet properly. i have been disallusioned by some other smartphones. just don't seem to do it that great.

having played with tom's and revels' iphones they also look f**king cool as f**k. or obviously majorly geeky. depends on your view ;)

Citroen DS3 DSport

I uploaded a video demo of the browsing speed when using 3G for you

[youtube]ufGq7acHWxM[/youtube]

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Im now in the predicament, iPod touch or iPhone?

Im rather reluctant to get the iPhone as it would mean more money per month for the tariff - for less than what i get now - plus extra for the phone.

I'm tempted by the permenant internet on the iPhone though.
Is there a list of Wi-Fi hotspots for the uk?

Also where's best place to purchase the touch?

ST
Most city centres, shopping centres, coffee shops, train stations, airports etc all have Wi-Fi now access these days..

Oh and best place for 'customer experience' is IMO the Apple store.

Megane 225 F1
i would get the itouch. i personally find typing things on the itouch very difercult, manageable for surfing the web but i would hate using it to type a text message.

iPhone is awesome.. I send full e-mails on mine.

8GB is fine.. depends if you're going to use it for media? I don't.. so 8GB is massive..
If you are going to use it for media, depends how - I rotated mine, so even my 4GB iPod was enough.. (I never listen to a full 7GB of music.. so when I got bored, I just put different stuff on). If you just want lots of media with you, get the 16GB.

You could wait a bit longer.. maybe till the end of Jan - may even see 32GB ones - dunno if they're planning on upgrading them at Macworld this year.. but then, you could be in the position of always waiting for the next best thing.. which is never ending.

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Have been discussing this with a friend, i only have a max of 2gb of music atm so i thinkthe 8gb would be fine, but i intend to put a couple of films on would this fill it up?