ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone problem

none :(
mine or the missus i phone wont syne to the laptop, i have a 3 and the missus a 4, now im not too fussed about mine, but it would be nice to add some old apps ive removed from my phone.
my big problem is, im due to upgrade in feb, now im thinking of upgrading to the 4s, but i wont be able to upload my apps, pictures or music will i, is there anyway round this.

ive uninstalled itunes, and re-installed, tried resetting my phone, turning my phone on and off again, and nothing, i know a few people have had problems looking on apple forums etc, but ive tried everything they have suggested and nothing works.

any advise

Clio 1.2 16V
Do other USB devices work on the laptop? Also have a look inside device manager see if it recognises the iPhone (should be under portable devices).

Shouldn't be down to iTunes, laptop should still recognise the device even without iTunes installed.

If you want some of your old apps back, you could go through the app store directly, in the updates section it shows what apps you have previously downloaded (although not sure if that works on the 3?, deffo does on the 3GS,4 and 4S).

Hope this is somewhat helpful lol.

the usb works mate as it charges both mine and the missus iphone, i will just double check though.
hopefully i can get this sorted though as i want my apps and songs on my 4s

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I've recently come to terms that iTunes is an absolute ball ache useless program sometimes

Needs a big update IMO

just checked devices , only shows my laptop, and 2 printers and a fax, even though i havent got any printers or faxes.

Cant find portabale devices, ill have another look later.

any other advise, its only been since ive updated itunes, can you undo an update

thick alert, whats zone alarm lol. Ill try a different usb cable, would it still have problems even though the usb im using charges my phone.

Clio 1.2 16V
Did you try a different USB cable? Even if its still charging the wires responsible for the data transfer might have split, the cables pretty crap and they do break easily iv gone through loads! If it still doesn't work after that, might be useful if you could try plugging it into another PC see if that works :/

we only have one charger for both phones as my guinea pig ate through the wires on my charger, ill need to ask my sister in law if i can borrow hers

all sorted, it was the usb device, borrowed my sisters and it worked. Just had to re-install i tunes and all my songs as they wouldnt open for some reason