ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone re-set/restore

1.8 Civic EX
Quick question...

is it possible to completely re-set/restore everything on the phone back to factory settings, no apps, no music/videos etc but still keep all the contacts data?

If the contacts are on the sim, restore it and then import from Sim.

Or back up the contacts on the PC. Then restore and just select the contacts. There's a windows prog that does it.

Why do you want to do it anyways?

1.8 Civic EX
For some reason when I swapped the phone back to normal after I jailbroke it (a good while ago now) it somehow kept some of the settings from the jailbreak that I wanna get rid of. (Network Id, says Hello instead of O2, I have a percentage job in the corner instead of the standard battery bar amung other things)

Also, is there a way of finding out if they have been saved to the sim or on the phone? I'm thinking they are all on the phone :(

They'll be hidden inside your file now. If you reset it and then restore, they'll come back.

On a Windows machine, if you go Start > Accessories, you should have Address book. My contacts are all in there. Can't remember how/why/when, but they are.

So you could do a fresh install and then just put that stuff back. Then re-add the apps etc manually.

Otherwise your only option is to re-jailbreak and fix all your settings back to normal before you restore.