ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone vs my n95 8gb

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
if it works with my alpine headunit think im sold!
It will work but it won't be properly supported so it won't charge and will ask if you want to put it into airplane mode so you don't receive calls, though you don't have to.

wrong they charge on the alpine units its the older pioneer units that dont charge...

and if it rings the ring tone comes through the speakers giving you time to pull over and disconnect and answer :p

BMW M4; S1000 RR
I don't think I've ever had a decent video call, just ends up costing an extra few £ at the end of the month for nothing.

MMS.... I have been known to use them, so it's a bit of a shame the iPhone doesn't have it (haven't got one, but plan on doing so when my current contract runs out soon).

Camera..... Oh dear, why people think a 5mp camera on a phone is a good thing I'll never know. The lens is still plastic that's having contact with all sorts of things during the average day so what's the point in anything over 1.3mp?

All in all I've been very impressed every time I use an iPhone (not something I expected when I first heard and read about them). On the other hand, I've borrowed a collegue's N95 for a few days away before and really didn't like it. But then I've never liked Nokias for interfaces.

RB 182
It will work but it won't be properly supported so it won't charge and will ask if you want to put it into airplane mode so you don't receive calls, though you don't have to.

wrong they charge on the alpine units its the older pioneer units that dont charge...

and if it rings the ring tone comes through the speakers giving you time to pull over and disconnect and answer :p
Presume you've got one as well then, only say what I did as this is what happened on my brothers Alpine headunit.

Have you had to update anything to get it to charge?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i have a pioneer unit and it wont charge... i tried it in a mates alpine and it charged... thats as far as my experimenting went im afraid...

01 Renaultsport Clio 172
Camera..... Oh dear, why people think a 5mp camera on a phone is a good thing I'll never know. The lens is still plastic that's having contact with all sorts of things during the average day so what's the point in anything over 1.3mp?

Take a look at some of the pictures im about to post up from ibiza and tell me there's no point in 5mp on a phone. Have u never noticed the lens cover on a n95?

Take a look at some of the pictures im about to post up from ibiza and tell me there's no point in 5mp on a phone. Have u never noticed the lens cover on a n95?

agreed, the camera on my n95 is 50 times better than most out there, and im talking nights out, random snaps etc, not best photo awards (ive got my canon for that ;))

Citroen DS3 DSport
My iPhone works and charges with my Alpine iDA-X001 perfectly.

The App Store is excellent and improving daily.

Mk2 Clio dci
my n95 is gash. had a few now because the speaker keeps crackling and breaking. also its got slower and slower and now starts to freeze. The only cool thing i have to say about it is the lightsaber app! keeps you happy for 5 mins. Yeah the cameras good, but you could do without it easily. Most people have digi cams for pics anyway?

oh, if i could get out of my contract and get an iphone i would!! i've tried but i just cant find a way out!! i've got 9 months left.
anyone got any ideas, btw?

6/468 17poo
Had my n95 for over 18months had 2, cos speaker went!

Just wanted to know what people miss, in the way of a phone................

Call Waiting, Missed Calls and the ability to "send text messages really quickly" are all on the iPhone.
Infact, once you get used to the iPhone keyboard, you can send rapidly!

I send full e-mails on mine.

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
I've had both phones, and although the N95 8Gb is a great phone, it doesnt cut it compared to the iphone in terms of useability. It has better features such as BT and camera etc, but the iphone has more features and the GUI is brilliant.

I was a N95 8GB fan over the original iphone but the 3G wins for me.

clio 172
had a n95 8gb...and its shite compared to even the 8gb iphone.

the iphone is so simple to use...and has more features...

only two things that let it down are...no video recorder & the camera is poor

20VT Clio & 9-5 HOT
had a n95 8gb...and its s**te compared to even the 8gb iphone.

the iphone is so simple to use...and has more features...

only two things that let it down are...no video recorder & the camera is poor

+ no Bluetooth data or MMS :(

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Iphone has a great UI, but not that many features. N95 8GB has much more features, but is )initially) a pain to use. I prefer the N95, but it's essential to update the software and rebrand it to get the most out of it.