ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iphone with head unit?

PH2 Flamer
Tomorrow im handing my samsung S3 in, and getting an iphone 5.

but im wondering if it will work with my Sony GT560UI head unit?

it has the usual ipod/usb/aux.

and on the box it says made for ipod and iphone.

But i had this head unit before iphone 5 came out? will it be compatible?

James

Clio 182
Most likely not, would check the sony website and see if these is a firmware update for cd player. Generally most current usb stereos read analogue audio, and the iphone5 is digital, so you may get a charge but I doubt data/audio transfer. It seems to be common as apple didn't give manufactures an iphone5 to develop there products inline with release. I recently fitted a Pioneer app radio for a customer who had an iphone5 and he had to get adaptors from pioneer and apple - hdmi cables n all tht - bit overkill lol - just get a iphone4s = less hassle :p

PH2 Flamer
Yeah i checked their website and it says fully compatible.

Fingers are crossed anyway. f**king hate using cd's. One of the Main reasons for going back to apple. This samsung wont connect to it.

Clio 182
i retract my last post, upon further investigation the new stereos we have in work do actually support iphone5 - recently changed most over. Generally all 'iphone compatible' units should read the 5, but if you have an older stereo you may need a firmware update from manufacturer

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
The most annoying thing about my Samsung, the only downside to it really - not being able to fully control it with stalk controls - yeah you can use AUX but it's not ideal - having to turn the screen on, slide the lock screen, find the small forward button to change track, the little scroll wheel on the stalk is so convenient.