ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone Xs Battery

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I know you can go into , Settings - Battery - Battery Health and it tells you what maximum capacity percentage you have on the phone.

I know that battery start at around 100/99%

Does anyone know what the recommended percentage is for when you should be changing the battery ?

2014 Clio 200t edc
When I spoke with Apple I think they said below 80% is when they would suggest a change.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
When I spoke with Apple I think they said below 80% is when they would suggest a change.

Spot on, Im sitting at 85% just now.

The phone is just over a year old but im wondering if Consumer Law could help me get a free battery out them.

I had my iPhone 7 have the battery change under there battery exchange programme.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
My XS Max is 2 years old in October and it’s currently at 93%, strange how yours is 85% and about 1 years old.

Could yourself change a battery in these or can Apple in store do it for you for a price?

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
So i phone will never charge to 100% after a few years?
It will, it's just batteries degrade, and the total capacity is less.

I'm on 86%, had my XS since Nov 18. Might get the 12 Pro if offers are decent again on black friday, if not I'll probably end up paying apple to swap the battery.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
It will, it's just batteries degrade, and the total capacity is less.

I'm on 86%, had my XS since Nov 18. Might get the 12 Pro if offers are decent again on black friday, if not I'll probably end up paying apple to swap the battery.

I think they've delayed the iPhone this year so might be no black friday I'm afraid.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
I must say i went and got the battery changed at apple for £69.

They replaced the battery on my iphone and they also replace a speaker which is free of charge as it needs taken out or something when the battery gets done.

Im going to bed at around 10pm and my battery is still showing 30/40% and thats me watching rubbish on my phone and messing about on ebay / social media.