ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPhone4 stuck in recovery mode!

Audi S1
I've been having problems all night with trying to restore my iPhone4, I got there in the end but it seemed to skip restoring my back up.

So I went through the restore process again, iTunes through a fit, crashed out and left my phone frozen in recovery mode.

I've tried everything I can think of to get it out of it. I'm using a Mac if there is any software or anything someone can suggest? I can feel it's going to be a long night!

As it stands I have the Apple logo and an empty none moving progress bar and have done for the past 25 mins...

Help :(

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Press and hold the home button and power button for a while till it reboots and then try again. If it still wont work, try restoring on another computer

Audi S1
Tried your first suggestion, second one I will need to try tomorrow.

Anything else?. It's such a pain in the ass. I've been none stop trying to fix this since 7pm!

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
the way i got it to finally do it on my acer when i had problem restoring was to completely uninstall itunes, apple mobile device service and the lot. reinstalled and it worked first go

Audi S1
The thing is my MBP isn't even recognising that it's plugged in, nor if i plug it into my mains... weird one. I'll give everything ago though!

Audi S1
To complicate things, my home button has been really temperamental all day. So I don't know if it's working or not. I think I will give up soon and get it booked in, don't have the time at all to be going to an Apple shop!

Audi S1
Right just held the home and power button down for about 5 mins and it looks like the battery has gone... which could be a good sign. Let's see what happens now.

Audi S1
My phone got wet last night from a leak in my roof. Long story. It's could be water damage or it could be something else which I can't speak about on here - either way I know I've restore it now so when it comes back on it should look like a new iPhone. Only problem now is trying to get it back to how it was, hopefully my backup didn't f**k up!

Audi S1
Lol

I think the iPhone charging port is fncked. I have the charging symbols on the screen atm, but it's flashing between the plug and the lighting and just lighting... This is causing so much s**t.

My ceiling has been leaking for 1 month and it's still not been bloody fixed, to top it off it's fucked my iPhone. I fell to sleep on my bean bag with my phone on the floor like a bell, woke up to water dripping on me and my iPhone in a puddle of water.

Audi S1
Charged it over night... only charges up to 14% but managed to restore my back up. Apple appointment is book in for tonight, lets hope they replace it. The home button is completely fucked.

Audi S1
Went into Apple, showed them my problem. He didn't really let me finish explaining. He took it off off me, had a play and went 'I'm going to replace it for you, is that okay'

So now I have a brand new iPhone4 :) wooop

Top service again from Apple!