ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod/Apline Not working?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Fitted my Alpine CDE-101RM (this one)

http://caraudiosecurity.com/shop/pro..._id/10495.html

with the direct iPod lead today and all is well and good but it is not working with my iPod (just comes up on the headunit "searching")

The iPod i have is this one...

ipod4thgen.jpg

Which is definately compatable so i dont understand the problem??? Anyone shed any light?

306 GTI-6
tbh, a lot of people get problems with the alpines and ipods. i did a search and found lots of forums with people who had these problems. Something to do with Alpine changing the firmware. It actually broke an old ipod of mine that was compatible and had the correct software version.

I have gone to just auxing my old mp3 player. although i am toying with getting a new ipod because i want the functionality and charging facility.

1.2 Clio
There's a few settings you will have to fiddle with in the menu's on the HU.
I fitted this exact HU to a mates car and he has an iphone. Took about 10 minutes of meddling with settings to get it to work!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I have the most up to date firmware on the ipod as far as i'm aware?

Does it auto update yeah?

When i checked yesterday it came up saying "up to date"

Yeah its on the actual headunit screen after it says "searching" for ages that i get the message "error 03"

Agithegreat, what settings are you talking about fiddling with?

Cheers for the help so far, much appreciated.

1.2 Clio
Can't remember sorry. There were about 3 differnet settings for the aux and ipod functions. So we just meddled until it worked! Best to RTM!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Ah cheers anyway. Damned thing! I was all excited about using my iPod and then it just failed... hard.

Have looked it up on the online manual and "error 03" has come up as

"The iPod is not verified
-Reset the iPod
-Try another iPod if available."

My iPod is definately compatiable, so how do i go about "verifying" it?

1.2 Dynamique billabong
before pluging your ipod in try having it playing a play list, plug it in and push it in much harder than you expect and it should come up with a an alpine logo then a tick on the ipod. sometimes the ipod can be plugged in but it wont find it as its not in enough

Mk2 172
Either reset ipod or update it. Thats all it can be. The new alpine range will work with all ipods. I fit them everyday :)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers Dan, may sound silly but how do i reset the iPod? Yesterday i did the "erase and resync" option, which took all the music off and put it back on? But is there more to do?

Jungle jim, i will have a crack and ramming it in good and proper, lolz!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Just been outside and tried fiddling with the settings, making sure things like "Aux +" were definately off, the iPod charges, just doesnt register that its been plugged into an alpine unit... Really don't know what to do, gonna try calling alpine tech support when they're open on monday, but first i'm gonna try another iPod, thing is this one works perfect in every other way so i dont really understand. :(

Clio 182FF
Hello mate. I just had an Alpine CDE-102RI head unit fitted today and am using an iPhone 3G with it. I just have to plug my iphone into the lead and it sorts itself and automaticly begins playing. I realise you are using an iPod rather than iPhone but I assume it should work in the same way.

1.2 Dynamique billabong
Just been outside and tried fiddling with the settings, making sure things like "Aux +" were definately off, the iPod charges, just doesnt register that its been plugged into an alpine unit... Really don't know what to do, gonna try calling alpine tech support when they're open on monday, but first i'm gonna try another iPod, thing is this one works perfect in every other way so i dont really understand. :(

mine did the same mate when i first got mine i thought it wasnt working properly as it was showing that it was charging but wouldnt play music. i was just about to give up and then it worked, now it works instantly when i plug it in

Clio 182FF
UPDATE: I just tried my older iPod mini on my Alpine CDE-102RI headunit and it doesn't like it in the slightest. Maybe the Alpine units are not so compatable with older models of iPod? Shame since I wouldn't mind having my iPod mini in the car because I don't care if it gets smashed up so much as my iPhone!

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Well it is on the list of compatiable iPod's with the headunit....

But i have made progress to a degree... I think my iPod has the dreaded "1418" error, when i try to restore the original settings as opposed to checking for updates, it can't do it and it gets that error code. Looking it up there seems to be no cure, and apple just blag it off as a hardware problem.

So thats me screwed, pointless buying the HU, but oh wells.... :(

Cheers everybody anyway.

Storm Grey 200
Try having it turned off when plugging it in. My normal ipod loves the headunit. but my ipod touch has to be turned off and then plugged in to work (Y)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Mines quite old, i've tried a lot of different combo's i think that basically the 1418 error creates problems with connectivity. Everything else works totally fine, but trying to restore settings to original just doesnt happen. I tried plugging it in when off and it did come up with a black and white symbol i had never seen before, (which i can only assume was caused by the headunit) but then nothing, i'm just formatting it and gonna put one track on it, i'll go back out in a minute and give it another go when it done.

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
You need something called a passport you can find it on apples website search it on google its only £20 and that will fix all your problems.

Hi new to forum, work in car audio.There should be no problems with this unit and your ipod as long as it is running latest software.
Try main reset on ipod .Turn on ipod, press and hold menu button and centre button at same time for about 5 secs ,ipod will shut down then show Apple logo on screen then reset itself. Then plug into Alpine and give a go ,normally cures problem .Good luck.

Clio 197 08
UPDATE: I just tried my older iPod mini on my Alpine CDE-102RI headunit and it doesn't like it in the slightest. Maybe the Alpine units are not so compatable with older models of iPod? Shame since I wouldn't mind having my iPod mini in the car because I don't care if it gets smashed up so much as my iPhone!

I used to have the Alpine CDE-9850Ri which i had a 4 year old 4GB Ipod mini and it worked fine!! The Ipod itself had alot of software problems, took about ten attempts to connect to comp and kept deleting itself but always worked fine with stereo!! Try the reset on the Ipod mentioned above!! If not my stereo for sale for only £60 with all leads and box!! ;)

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Further update... i am now officially not happy. Tried a friends brand new iPod and it worked instantly, no problems. I'm mainly annoyed because the website quite clearly said that my model was compatiable (and the model before it), otherwise i wouldn't have bothered buying a new one.

iPod fail :-(

Any suggestions how to fix this or am i screwed? :(