ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod Boffs - Please Help!

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Im going on holiday on Sunday, and wanted to rip some films from my dvd's to my ipod...

So, I pop in Benjamin button, a few peep show series etc.

Rip using Mac the ripper
Convert using Hand brake.

They all go into itunes fine, play fine on my comp - but for some reason the wont go on my FVCKING ipod :mad: I have tried everything?

They are on the correct format (MP4) and everything? Here is a little screen shot showing you what my movies tab says. As you can see the films it wont let me put on are shaded out. Peep show for example, series 2 &3 are fine but the rest are fucked?

Any ideas :(?

43d9c7ee.gif

Mebbe its some sort of copy protection?

Are the files still on the computer? You haven't put them in a different folder etc?

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yeh Dan, the files are sat on my desktop. Also, its not copy protection i dont think as the DVD that I have ripped it from is a snide copy anyway. :S

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yeh, that's what I don't understand :S

All of them are in my movies and ALL of them play - Yet when you try and sync them with the ipod they won't go on :(

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
No mate,

Just tried it again though to check im not being dumb and still no joy. A proper PITA

Citroen DS3 DSport
Was it ripped as a h.264 mp4 file? If not iTunes will most likely play it but the iPod will not.

You can also right click the movie in iTunes, and select "Convert selection for iPod/iPhone"

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
^^ Does it say that? Could you double check :eek: Im' not at home any more but will give it a try when im back! Just i can't remember seeing that option in itunes when i right clicked the film :)

Citroen DS3 DSport
Yeah I've used that option a couple of times.

I'd recommend you re-encode them using Handbrake with h.264 settings for the iPod.