ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod Help!

182 and 5 GTT
My sister has just got an ipod for xmas. Had it for half an hour and its broken! The screen has frozen and it wont turn on or off now. Any ideas? Anything will be helpfull otherwise it wont be a very merry xmas! Cheers

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
nick, on the top of the ipod where the headphones plug in is a lock switch. this disables all the controls on the ipod. go take a look to see if this is the problem. alternatively it might need a full battrey charge as per the instruction manual.

182 and 5 GTT
Nah it wasnt that! Im not the bightest spark but i did look at that! I just reset it and it seems fine now. Thing is what it tells you in the manual to do didnt work. Ended up searching on some american website and found the correct meathod. Cheers for your replys and have a good christmas
Nick

182 and 5 GTT
The Quick start says hold the menu and select button in for 6 seconds. that didnt work on hers though. Cant remember exactly what i pressed tbh. try searching on google i found an american site which hada forum on it. I just got pissed off with it and started pressing random combinations of buttons and it switched off! Mines been fine though.

Clio 172mk2
yep happend to mine only had the thing on for 30 secs , ended up on fone for 30 mins to apple to some friggin r****d that couldnt speak english, in end i said i havent got a fone number no email made the address just a house number n postcode,

just to find out "hold the menu and select button in for 6 seconds"

Golf GTI 1.8T
how the feck do you download music on iTunes to a nano?? mums got one but I cant work it out at all!!! grrr

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
read the manual!? or open itunes and press update with your ipod installed, connected and installed.

oh and it helps to have songs in your library!

Golf GTI 1.8T
libarys got thousand in, but ive imported an album she wants which all went ok. oh and you call that thing a manual :eek: its bloody crap, a couple of pictures and basically says plug in and follow on screen instructions - I'd like to see these instructions apple???

cant see anywhere yo just click transfer tto ipod or similar.

Clio 172mk2
nah u right click the ipod icon n say update

make sure under options uve got the album ticked to which u want to update

make a playlist called that album and drag the tracks to that

Clio 172mk2
just add em to a playlist like u do with mp3s

if the videos are wrong format / size they wont transfer get some psp software to get the right sizes :d

Golf GTI 1.8T
biojo said:
nah u right click the ipod icon n say update

make sure under options uve got the album ticked to which u want to update

make a playlist called that album and drag the tracks to that

It wont let me drag f*** all!! help mums getting really pissed off with me cos I cant do it now.

Clio 172mk2
loads of ppl dont get this software , once uve got em on the ipod software n u can play them u should be able to click the ipod icon n say update, send some screen shots n we`ll try n work out where yer going wrong

Golf GTI 1.8T
I click update iPod and it flashes up the top updating for less than a second, shes having problems getting photos on there too. Will try get some screen shots later, cooking tuna pasta bake as I type :S

Clio 172mk2
erm sounds like it doesnt know what yer wanting to update on the ipod , goto the ipod options and select the lists u want to update