ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

iPod help

My brother in law has 2 ipods (1 nano 4gb and a shuffle) and cant get either to work properly. Ive tried to get both to work, and have tried on his laptop and mine, to no avail. My nano 8gb works perfectly with winamp, loading songs etc, so ive never come across any problems with ipod before now!

The problem appears to be with playing songs. I can transfer songs - the same way as i do with my ipod - onto both the shuffle and his nano, they appear on the ipod when scrolling, but wont play.

Ive tried using Winamp (as i prefer it to itunes, and my ipod works fine with it) itunes, and some other program (beatjunkie?! cant remember what its called, its something like that anyway) and although all appear to transfer the music to the ipod - it wont play them.

Ive tried resetting/reformatting them, then loading music - but still wont play it.

Pretty sure it has nothing to do with the form the music is loaded in, as i can load a song to both my ipod and his and it'll only play on mine.

TBH...im not much of a computer wizard, what I know is pretty much self taught bodging.....so i may be missing something really simple. Googling doesnt pull up any advice.... Any ideas/advice (other than binning them!) appreciated :)

Are any of them official bought songs from iTunes?

Try one like that. If it still won't play then, then try the Apple Store. How old are they?

It's not something simple like master volume? Have you got headphones plugged in?

Revels - not that im aware of, i use winamp/ripped cds. headphones in yes, tried my set and his incase it was just dodgy headphones. no idea how old the nano is - a year at least as they stopped trying to get it to work, the shuffle he won in a raffle - but it wont work either, which makes me think its something he has done. ill re-check the master volume on them tomorrow.

Christopher, Id assume so as I can put the same songs on both my ipod and his two - yet they only work on mine :S

If it was one of them, then you could think it's faulty but both seems incredibly unlikely.

I'm guessing a volume setting somewhere. Do you still get the progress bar as the song plays?

ok, downloaded itunes to my computer, reset the shuffle/renamed it. hate itunes so started winamp, added some music and voila! it is now working :) need to get the nano off them, then ill try it on that

Thanks for help!