Bodge! Car Astra Twintop Jul 6, 2010 #1 Am thinking of changing my stereo in my car. Currently have a Alpine 9880r (i think) am after a Alpine Ipod only (Cd Mechless) stereo. Any ideas which one to get? Cheers
Am thinking of changing my stereo in my car. Currently have a Alpine 9880r (i think) am after a Alpine Ipod only (Cd Mechless) stereo. Any ideas which one to get? Cheers
J James28 Car RB 182 Clio Jul 6, 2010 #3 CD Mechless - do you mean without an inbuilt CD player lol!? Any of the Alpine Digital media receivers, the iDA series (x100, x305 etc) are Ipod compatible headunits without CD players
CD Mechless - do you mean without an inbuilt CD player lol!? Any of the Alpine Digital media receivers, the iDA series (x100, x305 etc) are Ipod compatible headunits without CD players
Bodge! Car Astra Twintop Jul 11, 2010 #4 Its gonna be a Alpine one, just not sure which to get! Car Audio direct have a few.
W Will. Car Megane 225 F1 Jul 11, 2010 #5 Get the newer versions of the x series. I got the ida x-100 and it doesnt work that well with iphone or new ipods
Get the newer versions of the x series. I got the ida x-100 and it doesnt work that well with iphone or new ipods
Rich-D ClioSport Club Member Car E90 LCI 330d Jul 11, 2010 #6 why bother? I also have the CDE-9880R and it does everything that you'd need, but has the option to play a CD if you ever need it they even work with the iPhone
why bother? I also have the CDE-9880R and it does everything that you'd need, but has the option to play a CD if you ever need it they even work with the iPhone
Bodge! Car Astra Twintop Jul 11, 2010 #7 Someone's made me a offer i cant refuse for my current stereo. Plus ive yet to link up my Ipod with the stereo. I don't have a Iphone / wont ever own one. And CD's are getting on my nerves!!
Someone's made me a offer i cant refuse for my current stereo. Plus ive yet to link up my Ipod with the stereo. I don't have a Iphone / wont ever own one. And CD's are getting on my nerves!!
Rich-D ClioSport Club Member Car E90 LCI 330d Jul 12, 2010 #8 so you've never linked your iPod to your current HU, but you want an iPod specific HU to replace it with!? do you just use the USB socket with a pendrive then?
so you've never linked your iPod to your current HU, but you want an iPod specific HU to replace it with!? do you just use the USB socket with a pendrive then?
Bodge! Car Astra Twintop Jul 12, 2010 #9 Rich-D said: so you've never linked your iPod to your current HU, but you want an iPod specific HU to replace it with!? do you just use the USB socket with a pendrive then? Click to expand... my current stereo doesnt have a pendrive slot
Rich-D said: so you've never linked your iPod to your current HU, but you want an iPod specific HU to replace it with!? do you just use the USB socket with a pendrive then? Click to expand... my current stereo doesnt have a pendrive slot
JamboM3 Car M3 SMG Jul 12, 2010 #10 I have an Alpine ida x305 and its spot on. I don't bother with cds anymore havent done for about 2years.
I have an Alpine ida x305 and its spot on. I don't bother with cds anymore havent done for about 2years.
Rich-D ClioSport Club Member Car E90 LCI 330d Jul 12, 2010 #11 Bodge! said: my current stereo doesnt have a pendrive slot Click to expand... it should have??? the CDE-9880R has both USB and iPod connections, I've had 2 of these HU's now, so I should know http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/products/product-singleview/cd-head-units/cde-9880r.html
Bodge! said: my current stereo doesnt have a pendrive slot Click to expand... it should have??? the CDE-9880R has both USB and iPod connections, I've had 2 of these HU's now, so I should know http://www.alpine-electronics.co.uk/products/product-singleview/cd-head-units/cde-9880r.html
Bennett Car Ph1 - 172 Jul 12, 2010 #12 Have a look at the Fusion unit. Is pretty gud to be honest and only costs £100. totally ipod no cd.
J James28 Car RB 182 Clio Jul 13, 2010 #13 Just found this as well - looks pretty awesome: http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25/121/61/MVH-8200BT/index.html They do a cheaper version without bluetooth too.
Just found this as well - looks pretty awesome: http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/25/121/61/MVH-8200BT/index.html They do a cheaper version without bluetooth too.
6 666 Car Clio v6 255/ FF172 Jul 13, 2010 #14 Have a look at the Parrot RKI8400 I have had one for 6 months now and it works very well. Pete
R rogueneo Car ford cougar 2.0 16v Jul 13, 2010 #15 you can get head units now that are just like a usb port and sd-slot so no need to splash out for ipod, and the cost of the tunes
you can get head units now that are just like a usb port and sd-slot so no need to splash out for ipod, and the cost of the tunes