ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ipod Only Stereo

Astra Twintop
Am thinking of changing my stereo in my car.

Currently have a Alpine 9880r (i think)

am after a Alpine Ipod only (Cd Mechless) stereo.

Any ideas which one to get?

Cheers

CD Mechless - do you mean without an inbuilt CD player lol!?

Any of the Alpine Digital media receivers, the iDA series (x100, x305 etc) are Ipod compatible headunits without CD players

Megane 225 F1
Get the newer versions of the x series. I got the ida x-100 and it doesnt work that well with iphone or new ipods

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
why bother?

I also have the CDE-9880R and it does everything that you'd need, but has the option to play a CD if you ever need it

they even work with the iPhone

Astra Twintop
Someone's made me a offer i cant refuse for my current stereo.

Plus ive yet to link up my Ipod with the stereo.

I don't have a Iphone / wont ever own one.

And CD's are getting on my nerves!!

Rich-D

ClioSport Club Member
  E90 LCI 330d
so you've never linked your iPod to your current HU, but you want an iPod specific HU to replace it with!?

do you just use the USB socket with a pendrive then?

Astra Twintop
so you've never linked your iPod to your current HU, but you want an iPod specific HU to replace it with!?

do you just use the USB socket with a pendrive then?

my current stereo doesnt have a pendrive slot

M3 SMG
I have an Alpine ida x305 and its spot on. I don't bother with cds anymore havent done for about 2years.

Ph1 - 172
Have a look at the Fusion unit. Is pretty gud to be honest and only costs £100. totally ipod no cd.

Clio v6 255/ FF172
Have a look at the Parrot RKI8400 I have had one for 6 months now and it works very well.

Pete

ford cougar 2.0 16v
you can get head units now that are just like a usb port and sd-slot so no need to splash out for ipod, and the cost of the tunes