ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Iron Fillings

Titanium F/F 182
A while ago I stupidly drove for about 500 miles with a broken brake disc. When I got out of the car I noticed the wheel trim was brown and thought nothing of it. Anyway whilst cleaning the car today I have noticed what can only be described as iron fillings stuck down the side of the car. They are rough to the touch. and if you look really closely you can see them. After an hour scrubbing they are not shifting. The point of writing this is I'm hopefully selling the car in a few weeks and I'm thinking this will affect the sale. Would claying the car work as they are stuck on. Its hard to describe. Any advice or help appreciated and hopefully nothing along the lines of what my boss said "you need something with a long hydrocarbon structure". WTF does that mean?

106 GTi
As above claying is about they only thing that may lift them off. Keep kneading the clay to get a fresh surface to prevent them scratching the paint anymore than they have to.

Titanium F/F 182
Cheers guys. The bits of brake disc are also stuck on the plastic strip on the door and the valance along the bottom of the car again in plastic. What can I use to get rid of the bits from there?