ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

irremovable resin

Hi there

I have recently removed my rear badges from my black astra G and there seems to be some kind of resin left behind, outlining where the badges were. And for the life of me i cant get it off, ive tried car soap, polishing it, methylated spirits, some break dust remover iquid ... nothing.

any other suggestions please?

regards

Don

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I'm also keen to know this! I've just removed some badges off a Rover i've got and have the same problem! Used a Machine polisher, white spirit, Tar and glue remover, EVERYThING I can laymy hands on but its stuck fast!

MK3

Dynamiqueee
I found this when i took the badges off my gf's astra. How did you take them off? I used a piece of fishing line, managed to get most of it off with the badge. As for the rest, only way i could do it was by heating it up and using my finger nails. Wasn't 100%, but nothing else seemed to work.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
As Pres said, WD40 will shift it. It was the only thing that shifted the residue when I debadged recently.

Static Low
is it just faint lettering of the badge if u get me ??

no texture to it as such ?? like glue n that

flatten it & then polish

I found this when i took the badges off my gf's astra. How did you take them off? I used a piece of fishing line, managed to get most of it off with the badge. As for the rest, only way i could do it was by heating it up and using my finger nails. Wasn't 100%, but nothing else seemed to work.

yeah mate i just used dental floss, the glue was pretty perished so i didnt need anything more than that

wd40's good i find

cheers for that, ill give it a go tomorrow ;)

is it just faint lettering of the badge if u get me ??

no texture to it as such ?? like glue n that

flatten it & then polish

yeah faint lettering. Ill put it this way, to the touch it appears smooth, but when i rub my finger nail against the outline i can feel a very slight inconsistency. How would i go about flattening it? aint tackled that before.

cheers for all the help

330ci sport
Sounds like staining/fading around the badges. If it's on a painted panel (not chrome) I would opt for using a wet sand paper, say 2000 grit. Then polish using a compond polish ideally by machine to remove the wetsand marks.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've just removed the RS badges from the back of my Clio.

I used boiling water, and some fishing wire/plastic card.

To get rid of the leftover resin, I sprayed WD40 on the paintwork (it was still wet from the water, agitated it in with a brush, then used AG Intensive Tar Remover - rubbed on with elbow grease/cloth - to get rid of the glue. I then clayed the area, and washed/dried.

You're gonna see some leftover markings where the outline of the badges were, I simply polished the area twice, and it's 99% clear - you'd need to be inspecting it very carefully to notice. I didn't use a machine polisher, just a foam applicator by hand.

I had the same problem on my car, literally nothing would get it off inc WD40

Had to put the badge on :(

Static Low
Sounds like staining/fading around the badges. If it's on a painted panel (not chrome) I would opt for using a wet sand paper, say 2000 grit. Then polish using a compond polish ideally by machine to remove the wetsand marks.

as this man says dude id maybe go for a 1500 grit though