ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is a new door needed?

C

clio172cup20

0is7.jpg

As i was parked someone drove in to the side of me, .. and caused this ^^
I'm not a very happy boy lol... (aleast no one was hurt... )

But now the insurance want to repair it. Fit a new door and full side respray.
I know its never going to be the same again ... with the colour match etc..

Does anyone have a passenger door for a cup 172 (52reg)?

I'm more likley to get a good colour match is i buy a second hand door already sprayed.

Many thanks for your time.

C

clio172cup20

I'm just worried about the colour match!! is yours ok?!?

Only the door is hit, the front/rear wind & skirt is untouched, so a new door of the same colour off a breaking clio 172 cup would be handy!!

soon: 172 Cup
I had my bonnet on my saxo replaced when i pranged it, although no major damage it was kinked slightly.

Unfotunatley it got keyed, and as i am P/Xing the car i got the key mark sprayed, now although it looks ok, the bloke the sprayed my key mark out said all the insurance garage had done was pull out the dent and literally spray over the top and laquer it!!!!!!

PISS TAKE, they charged me for a brand new bonnet!

I would personally get it done on their insurance and if it doesn't meet your standards, tell his/her insurance you want it in again until its up to scratch!

Tangoed Works
It will match when they spray the whole side. if you get another cup door, it may have been sprayed at a different angle to your old one and will stand out.

C

clio172cup20

True....

Thanks alot guys.
Its a pain when things like this happen but as i said, least my GF wasn't hurt....

Arctic Blue 182
happened on my old pug too, in a car park. Got a new door and perfect finish.
hope u get it sorted.

its a pisser when ppl crash into you, ive had it done to me.

with regards to them wanting to repair the door, thell them where to do, they'll probs want to put a new door skin on, and my mate, who is a painter, told me never get a door skin, always insist on a new door, he said that the way in which the new skin will be fitted is shite. and it WILL rust, its just a matter of time before it does.

Just thought id let you know in case its a bodge job they do.

C

clio172cup20

Its a professional garage, with 4 ovens - so i don't think they will do a poor job.
When the panal beater done an estimate he said he will fit a new door and do a full side re-spray....
But i can only take his word.!!