ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is a superchip a good idea ?

Clio 182
Hi everybody this is the first time i have posted anything.

I bought a clio 182 back in november i have been toying with with the idea of adding a super chip is this a good idea or will it just bring me lots of unwanted problems. :S

VX220 Turbo
i would never ever go for a universal plug and play chip again especially a superchips one!!!!

i also have a bmw mini cooper s it's running about 240 bhp (nothing major really) had a smaller supercharger pulley, air filter, exhaust, manifold, decat, larger intercooler and larger throttle body.

plus had a superchip on it which was supposed to be programmed for the reduced supercharger.

the engine has blown up 3 times nuf said

172 Cup (track) FS
hi Salvin, I'm considering doing similar with Superchips for my 172.

My Golf R32 was done with them so I can PM you next week with some more info for our cars if you're interested.

Personally I think that chipping an na car is a waste of time really, it costs a fair bit for minimal gains. If your going to get it set up & mapped etc with other mods then fair play, if not I personally wouldn't bother.

megane rs 175
hi mate have a look at the k-tec web site the do a remap they say u get max increase of 8bhp but it increases the rev limiter to 7800rpm that gotta be good, anybody has this done?...

M

mini-valver

Off the shelf chips are gash, a remap tailored to your car is much better as you can adjust things to suit mods etc.

R

rich[182]

Personally I think that chipping an na car is a waste of time really, it costs a fair bit for minimal gains. If your going to get it set up & mapped etc with other mods then fair play, if not I personally wouldn't bother.

Depends what your definition of gains is though, if your talking peak power then arguably mapping on an n/a isn't good value for money, however if you look at it from a point of view of more mid-range torque and crisper throttle response then Id argue it's worth it (if its done right)

Jap Shed
hi mate have a look at the k-tec web site the do a remap they say u get max increase of 8bhp but it increases the rev limiter to 7800rpm that gotta be good, anybody has this done?...

is 7800 way over the max power point though?

Whats the point?

Clio 182
Thanks for all your replys chaps looks like i will take it for a re map then. next post then is who does the best re map.