ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is every 182 Trophy for sale?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
I'd have one. Saw a Trophy today. Never liked Capsicum, but it looked sunning in the sun toady. Thumbs up from me

I'm not planing on selling mine any day soon, but I suppose the early ones are coming up to 3 years old now.

500 Twinair
maybe cos they are going for the 197 cup or r26?

A great selection of trophys there, would love to buy one but probably try and get a r26 instead:)

GW Clio 200
I only had mine for 6 months... I had 93/500.

Shocking residual values of Renaults, but looking at it from another angle, brilliant secound hand deals to be had because these cars are beasts...

I have to say though, the best car I ever owned was a Cup 172 Mondial Blue.... I always got out of that car and looked back with pride. I had one behind me the other day, I still love the way they look with the flared arches. Excellent little cars!!!

Golf R
Is it cynical to suggest that people are selling now before the MOT is due and Warranty runs out?

hit the nail on the head... those owners that aren't in the know about the dampers actually being able to be 'serviced' will be selling up before they get landed with potential big bills

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
£3k+ to replace the shocks!

Anyone who took a £1500 unit off and threw it away to replace with a new one is an idiot, you get them refurbed.
Obviously it depends how the car has been driven but there are a bunch of Trophys out there that are 50k miles with no problems.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Typical ill informed answers from morons as usual!

An extended warranty with £2000 per item claim is only £189 a year, so whats the fuss about?

How many of the dampers have failed through normal road use?

None mentioned on CT !

Some trophy's are over 50k miles now.

As mentioned being a quality unit they can be serviced anyway.

Coby.

ClioSport Club Member
  XC60-R.......V40-R
Lovely Cars... Wouldn't buy one as I've got a FF 182 but if one would have come up when I was looking I'd have probably bought it

Not sure id ever buy i Renault again, bar perhaps a V6 , but id definately not buy one out of warranty.

RenaultSport clio Trophy
As Steve said, some trophys have OVER 50K miles on them now!!
No one has reported shocks failing!!!

Whats all the fuss about?

Seeing as im on just over 15K, me thinks ive got many miles of happy motoring yet.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
I have to say though, the best car I ever owned was a Cup 172 Mondial Blue.... I always got out of that car and looked back with pride. I had one behind me the other day, I still love the way they look with the flared arches. Excellent little cars!!!

same here, best looking RS, no contest, i really miss mine.

Ad

MK2 FRS
Theres a few people getting defensive over there trophys here.

Fact is its a renault, over 3years old as a main car that can risky. lol. tbh a lot people regardless of manufacturer change their cars as they come up to 3 years old.

Laguna 2, Westfield
Fact is its a renault, over 3years old as a main car that can risky. lol. tbh a lot people regardless of manufacturer change their cars as they come up to 3 years old.

Why is it risky, all the probs should have been sorted out really, but 3 years old is hardly old? my daily car (46 miles a day)is a W plate laguna its done 14k in the last year and been perfect. Just a service and new pads.

One of the blokes here at work has a 56 plate 335i coupe bmw and its back at the garage having the creeky steering and rattly seat sorted out, so these brands are no better than Renault really especially as it cost 40k.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5

Why is it risky, all the probs should have been sorted out really, but 3 years old is hardly old? my daily car (46 miles a day)is a W plate laguna its done 14k in the last year and been perfect. Just a service and new pads.

One of the blokes here at work has a 56 plate 335i coupe bmw and its back at the garage having the creeky steering and rattly seat sorted out, so these brands are no better than Renault really especially as it cost 40k.

:clap:

Clio 172 mk2
+1

Nowy wrong with them, a buyers market if you ask me.

Some of the 197s on the first page look very good price wise as well:D

Megane 230 R26
Don't plan to get rid of mine any time soon, and there's definately not a car in the RS range at the moment I'd be happy to replace it with, even an R26...

Long live the Trophy :D

Tangoed Works
I agree, I know my FF 182 isnt a trophy, but all you need to do is go for a blast and you fall in love with it all over again. Its nice that there are so many RS variants imo as each as its own characteristics and you dont get bored with seeing same looking versions all the time.

Megane 230 R26
Indeed... having entered the RS range with a Trophy, there's not really an "upgrade" for me :( I could get a V6 or a Megane and I know it'd be more fun in a straight line but I also know it'd be slower A to B, and I can't be having that :nono:

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
Well im guessing there will be a cat D trophy around for sale soon as ive just seen a damaged one go for around £3500.

Wasnt too badly damaged either.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Well im guessing there will be a cat D trophy around for sale soon as ive just seen a damaged one go for around £3500.

Where was that then? The CT lot like to try to keep track of those.

Golf R

Where was that then? The CT lot like to try to keep track of those.

was gonna say i hadn't seen it slip through either. 3.5k for a Cat D is cheap

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
I bidded on it myself to 2500 but ive already just bought a 328i coupe so didnt want to spend too much money on it. Needed headlights ,front crossmember, bonnet, passenger wing and possibly radiator + air con pipes. Had covered 37000 miles.

M140i
Wont be selling mine anytime soon, out of owning a 172 cup, a FF182 and a megane225 this is definately the best one out of the lot!

£189 to extend the warranty = BARGAIN!!

Wont be selling mine anytime soon, out of owning a 172 cup, a FF182 and a megane225 this is definately the best one out of the lot!

£189 to extend the warranty = BARGAIN!!

Interesting, how long is that for? Through a dealer or Renault direct?:S

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
market is slowing up, think the R27 has paved the way for that, however most still sit around 9k- 9,5k which is still £1,5 - 2k more than the equiv 182, so not too shabby imo.

Definitely one to keep hold of and try and keep miles down as judging by the golf anniversary the prices will plateau out for them in next 18months.

Black Twingo GT
Is the extension on the Trophy only or could i get the warranty extended on my 182?...its three years old in July.

Dan

M140i
Typical ill informed answers from morons as usual!

An extended warranty with £2000 per item claim is only £189 a year, so whats the fuss about?

How many of the dampers have failed through normal road use?

None mentioned on CT !

Some trophy's are over 50k miles now.

As mentioned being a quality unit they can be serviced anyway.

My info is from here lol