ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Is is Safe to jack the car up and change 2 wheels?

i want to swap frount and rear wheels, but i need to take them both off at once. Is it safe to jack the car up using 2 jacks and take both wheels off????

106 GTi
Jack each end up one at a time and axle stand and then I would, I would not have the car in the air and take both wheels off just on a jacks.

clio 182 black /gold
Yes if using trolley jacks. I was in the garage getting the new wheels fitted and he jacked it up and it was fine. With TROLLEY JACKs ONLY.

1998 BMW e46 323i
I've done it with one trolley jack and one factory fit jack, just make sure handbrake is on, chock other two wheels in front and behind... Then cross your fingers!

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
My cars stiff enough to be jacked up at the front with a trolley jack and the back wheel lifts off the ground as well! Done it a good few times now

Monaco Blue Mk2
EvilJohn said:
My cars stiff enough to be jacked up at the front with a trolley jack and the back wheel lifts off the ground as well! Done it a good few times now

Same here, did it on Sunday to put my new wheels on and spray the calipers.

I've done it with the crappy jack you get with the car plenty of times.

The actual process of changing wheels is not suddenly going to unbalance the car! Unless you trying to loosen or tighten the wheel nuts while the wheels are off the floor.

renault clio 182 cup
i found the jacking points are very weak on the 182,noticed this using 2 trolley jacks,1 either side when changing oil..